• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockwork recovery

imronburgundy

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
So I flashed back to sbf then rooted. Now I downloaded ROM manager and tried to boot into clockwork recovery through it to update back to 2.2. Well, every time I click "reboot into recovery", it just restarts my phone. I've tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling rom manager but nothing will boot into recovery. I've tried downgrading to a different clockwork mod recovery, but it gives me the error message "an error occured while downloading your recovery". Anyone have any suggestions? It seems like some setting is still installed onto my sdcard from before I flashed back to sbf. Thanks so much

So I flashed back to sbf then rooted. Now I downloaded ROM manager and tried to boot into clockwork recovery through it to update back to 2.2. Well, every time I click "reboot into recovery", it just restarts my phone. I've tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling rom manager but nothing will boot into recovery. I've tried downgrading to a different clockwork mod recovery, but it gives me the error message "an error occured while downloading your recovery". Anyone have any suggestions? It seems like some setting is still installed onto my sdcard from before I flashed back to sbf. Thanks so much

Did you flash the latest clockwork first? The top button inside Rom Manager?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones