1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

clockwork recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bdfull3r, May 22, 2011.

1. bdfull3r

bdfull3r Newbie

i was considering flashing CM7 to my Optimus V but it says i need clockwork recovery 3.something

Basically, how do you install it. ROM Manger doesnt recognize the Optimus so it has to be done manually. I can't figure out how

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert

Everything below assumes you have already rooted your phone. If not, root it first, and then use TitaniumBackup or something similar to backup your apps and data.

Download the ClockWork recovery from aosp's twitter page, be sure it's the one for the OV. If you downloaded via your PC, hook up your phone via USB and transfer it to your sdcard.
    (you might as well put your custom ROM on there now as well)

If you don't already have it, download the terminal app from the android market. Once install, open it and type: su and press enter. You should get a # sign prompt, if you still have a $ sign prompt you are not rooted properly, get root and then continue.

At the # prompt, type: flash_image recovery /sdcard/THE-NAME-OF-RECOVERY-FILE and press enter

Once it has finished successfully, type: reboot recovery and press enter, this will take you straight into your new recovery. Another way to enter recovery is to hold the home+vol_down+power buttons all at the same time for a few seconds. Once in recovery the first thing you should do is backup which is called making a nandroid backup, you can then wipe caches, format partitions, and then install from zip your new ROM.

bdfull3r likes this.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews