• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clockwork restore hangs at boot

Android Version: 2.2
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom:
Rooted and flashed to "[ROM] Official 2.2 (HTC 2.09 and 2.10): busybox, A2SD+, TUN, EXT4, Undervolt, SYSRW"
Issue:

I've flashed to another ROM and now want to restore my back-up that I made via Clockworkmod. The restore seems to do fine, but when I reboot my phone hangs at the boot screen.

In the meanwhile I have flashed the recovery from clockwork to AmonRa. To restore the clockwork back-up, I boot into clockwork recovery via ROM Manager. Maybe I should reflash to clockwork, but that didn't work till now.

I hope somebody can help me, because I really want to go back to my old setup.

I've had it hang for about 10min at the boot screen. How long did you wait?

Never tried AmonRa, so can't help. Clockworkmod seems to work fine for me.

Well, I waited at least 10 min, probably longer. As what I have experienced untill now, is that AmonRa is a little bit better. The fact that Clockwork won't restore says a lot. I will stick to AmonRa from now on.

Upvote 0
Did you root using Unrevoked? This flashes recovery. You can choose any recovery to put on there.

ROM manager doesn't flash recovery. It says "Flash" but what it actually does is put "update.zip" on your SD card. When you boot into recovery via rom manager, it boots and then applies "update.zip".

If you have amonRa actually and truly flashed, "flashing" via ROM manager won't touch AmonRa so don't be afraid to do this.

Upvote 0
Did you root using Unrevoked? This flashes recovery. You can choose any recovery to put on there.

ROM manager doesn't flash recovery. It says "Flash" but what it actually does is put "update.zip" on your SD card. When you boot into recovery via rom manager, it boots and then applies "update.zip".

If you have amonRa actually and truly flashed, "flashing" via ROM manager won't touch AmonRa so don't be afraid to do this.
Yes I did use unrevoked. I can't get it to reflash clockwork. I hoped that the restore would work when I go back to clockwork, but I can't try it.

Is it possible that I need to go back to my previous radio version to be able to do the restore?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones