1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 wont complete Nandroid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kkl1993, Feb 16, 2011.

1. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

is anyone having problems doing a Nandroid to backup their phone with the new Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5? I can get into recovery and I start the backup procedure, everything goes great until it says "creating MD5 sums", then it freezes. I kept it there for 2 hours and pretty sure that is long enough.

This started when i flashed the new clockworkmod through rom manager.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Try uninstalling rom manager and reinstalling, then flash clockwork a few times.

3. kkl1993

nevermind, fixed it myself

4. sdrawkcab25

Care to share? just in case someone else has a problem.

5. kkl1993

just enabled the Quick Backup and Restore

6. sdrawkcab25

cool, thanks

7. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

i was unable to use 3.0.0.5 to flash incredibly rengineered. :eek: i tried to flash 2.5.0.1 from rom manager,and kept getting errors,so i flashed the alternate,wich flashed my rom just fine. i think i will keep using that until i switch to cm7 and have to use the new clockwork.

8. xkse

xkse Newbie

I have been trying to flash the new IR with CWM 3.0.0.5 all night..kept getting the error: Can't open incrediblyreengineered.zip (bad)..Installation aborted.

Was this what was happening to you?

9. scotty85

yup. restore your backup,flash the alternate recovery,then make a new backup,wipe and install :)

it has to do with something they changed for cm7. clockwork 2.5.0.1 should install incrediblyrengineered just fine,but i couldnt get any other versions to install from rom manager. im not particularly attached to clockwork,so ill continue to use RA_inc :)

10. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member

AFAIK Clockwork Mod recovery 3.0.0.5 cannot install "sense" roms, only AOSP roms.

I think Incredibly Re engineered is a sense rom. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried and failed installing it too.

11. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

I was able to make a nandroid with 3.0.0.5, but when I restored from it (after an attempt to flash Incredibly Re-Engineered; should've read this thread first!) I got continuous force close messages from various things. Had to go back to an earlier nandroid made with the previous version.

Edited to add: I may have unjustly blamed clockworkmod recovery, since the failed restore was to a nandroid with Virtuous and the Incredible Revolution theme, while I restored successfully using an unthemed Virtuous nandroid, but got the same problem just now after reflashing the theme.

12. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

How did you get those recoveries? The oldest I'm seeing in ROM Manager (and the only one besides the current one that doesn't give an error when I try to flash it) is 2.5.1.2, and the alternate is RA_GNM v1.8.1.

It looks like 2.5.1.2. is working to install Incredibly Re-Engineered, though - it's installing as we speak. :)

13. ssick92

ssick92 Android Enthusiast

I had the exact same issue. All it took was a reflash of the recovery. Backup just completed successfully as I was typing, so it does work.

14. scotty85

i couldnt get any other versions of clockwork to flash. the RA_GNM is the one i used... culd have sworn its last letters were inc. musta not really been payin attention,sorry if it caused confusion :eek:

wayrad likes this.
  15. scottysize

scottysize Newbie

I couldn't get it to do anything after it updated to 3.0. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and I was able to save my MOD, but have not been able to wipe and flash any other ROM. Is there any other app that I can try?

16. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Android Enthusiast