1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Clockworkmod 5.0.2.8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by A7X Guy, Aug 21, 2012.

1. A7X Guy

A7X Guy Member

i need it to install the Monster Rom but with the 900Mhz

can someone give me link to CWM 5.0.2.8 and how to install

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

3. A7X Guy

A7X Guy Member

4. Killah1994

Killah1994 Android Expert

With the cwm recovery 5.0.2.8 just select backup and storage and back up a rom using 5.0.2.8

A7X Guy likes this.
  5. A7X Guy

A7X Guy Member

another question

how do you flash a zip file to the phone cause the odin app force closes when i try to install zip

6. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

No you don't flash it through odin. You flash it through clockworkmod. You boot into recovery and choose install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard and then just select the zip and choose yes and when its done go back to the main menu and go to advanced and select reboot recovery

A7X Guy likes this.
  7. A7X Guy

A7X Guy Member

thank you :)

8. Aceauto21

Aceauto21 Lurker

And all you have to do is boot into cwm and flash the zip and then reboot your recovery so the changes can go through. Just know if you made a backup it wont work with 5.0.2.8[/QUOTE]
    Ok i have the Samsung Admire and its rooted and everything already, i Had cwm 5.0.2.7 flashed on and i wanted to flash 5.0.2.8 on to it so i can add a particular theme. So i booted into cwm and flash the zip like posted and then rebooted and now all im getting black screen that says Android.
    please help if you can i hope its not bricked but im thinking it is

9. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Ok i have the Samsung Admire and its rooted and everything already, i Had cwm 5.0.2.7 flashed on and i wanted to flash 5.0.2.8 on to it so i can add a particular theme. So i booted into cwm and flash the zip like posted and then rebooted and now all im getting black screen that says Android.
    please help if you can i hope its not bricked but im thinking it is[/QUOTE]

You messed up the quote thing lol and simple. you have to flash a rom that's compatible with the .2.8 cwm lol. The stock rom isn't compatible with that version of cwm lol

10. rhino889a

rhino889a Android Expert

i just downloaded this file myself.noticed it contains a boot image. i downloaded it from r new oa thread which didnt contain the boot image. what is the diference?

11. Killah1994

Killah1994 Android Expert

The one without the boot image is the rfs version (no overclock and rfs partition) the one with the boot image is (overclocked to 900mhz and has ext4 partition)

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews