1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root ClockworkMod and the Kyocera RiSE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlgarr86, Nov 12, 2012.

1. jlgarr86

jlgarr86 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 16, 2012
    I just installed ROM Manager and went to flash the ClockworkMod Recovery and when prompted to confirm my phone model well... My phone model isn't listed? Anyone know the work around for this?

Advertisement

2. cole2kb

cole2kb Newbie
    None

May 2, 2012
    There is no recovery for this phone yet, so if you are actually able to flash something with ROM manager, you'll end up with a brick.

3. jlgarr86

jlgarr86 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 16, 2012
    this is some BS. can't overclock cause stock kernel now i can't flash a new rom, can't have a full back up... what is the point of root access on this thing? freeze system apps and remove bloat? zzz... i had more fun hacking my w580i oldschool ass walkman phone lol at least it could flash firmware.

4. deadcereal

deadcereal Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    AZ
    Because this phone is relatively new and not very popular. As far as I know there are no devs working on this phone yet and you are lucky to even have root. You should stop messing with your phone before you permanently ruin it and have to replace it. The only reason this phone even has root is because the method that was designed for other phones just so happened to work for this phone.

Unless you are doing some dev work on this phone, please stop complaining about lack of options for this phone.

5. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    Yeah there is some people working on CWM for Hydro the sister phone wonder once we get it if it will be easier to port for the rise. We have some great devs working on it. I've even asked some well known Devs to help also.

daffyducknj likes this.
  6. Floxbu

Floxbu Lurker
    None

Dec 10, 2012
    Thank you kindly. Some of us on Public Mobile don't have very many phone choices. At least they offer unlimited data.

daffyducknj likes this.
Tags: