1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Clockworkmod recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by j03lpr86, Feb 26, 2015.

1. j03lpr86

j03lpr86 Well-Known Member

#1 j03lpr86, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

Here is a zip to switch back to TWRP-2.8.1.0 without using Odin. That way you can switch recoveries as much as you want. I like both cwm and twrp and switch back and forth whenever I get bored with one.
    Big thanks to j03lpr86 and ShabbyPenguin for all your work.

DOWNLOAD

#2 Masterchief87, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    codyedmonson and Asung415 like this.
  3. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick steps

4. Masterchief87

@codyedmonson
    Did you make that zip yet?

@j03lpr86
    Great job building cwm recovery for everyone. Clockworkmod recovery seems to be working flawlessly. It boots quickly every time, and it worked perfectly to make a backup of my current setup, format system, factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, and flash the cm11 alpha build with my own customized gapps package. The restore function worked perfectly also.

One last thing, there seems to be a lot of confusion about tethering with this phone with different methods scattered all over the place and I'm thinking of making a thread with all of the known methods for tethering all in one place. If I make such a thread is it OK if I add the link for the flashable zip you made to the OP along with credit to you for making it? It would be easier than having people search through the xda thread that has almost 1000 posts already.

#4 Masterchief87, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  5. j03lpr86

Sure but first i need to fix those zips cause i found a different approach for tethering cuz if i do them without the csc files it messes up wifi calling as soon as i have them done imma let u know because imma also upload them to androidfilehost

6. Masterchief87

Hmm I've been using it since the day you first uploaded it and I'm pretty sure that WiFi calling works.

7. codyedmonson

I made the zip within 5 mins of reading the post then flashed the twrp back onto my phone. Nothing against cwm I just like twrp better plus the slow loading isn't really that slow for me :)

Masterchief87 likes this.
  8. Masterchief87

What's up with the article from 2008 that you quoted?

9. codyedmonson

What the crap o.o
    I swear the android forums app is tripping man... I tapped your post then I tapped the reply button....

10. j03lpr86

you know go ahead if the zips are working perfectly make the thread.

11. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

I dont mind if they are mirrored for a good reason like you made an enhancement with the zips :).

exile1975 and Masterchief87 like this.
  12. Masterchief87

In that case I may add a flashable zip to the 2nd post of this thread since ya don't mind. Thanks again by the way. Were pretty close to having some decent ROMs partially thanks to you building TWRP for us.

viperdink, j03lpr86 and codyedmonson like this.
  13. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

Always happy to help :)

viperdink and Masterchief87 like this.

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews