• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockworkmod v2.6.0.1 getting stuck during backup

Clockworkmod v2.6.0.1 getting stuck during backup, I'm running stock 2.3.3 i think 4.24. I'm trying to backup before i update to the newest stock version, but it keeps getting stuck when it gets to data about 1/6th the way threw.

can you give some more info? what does it do? what size card do you have? how much room is there on the card?

Upvote 0
+1.
Switch recoveries. I use cwm 2.6.xx and I've never had this happen.
Read the revolutionary guide, I believe there are links in there to the Amon-ra PC36IMG. Just put it on your SD card, boot into hboot and let it scan for the file. Select yes when it asks you to update. Then reboot.
Ka-pow new recovery. :)

Edit: Poop, I need to refresh more often. LOL :D

Upvote 0
Well i'm sitting here waiting on amon 2.3 to make a backup, its been going for about 45min. I don't know how long it takes, so i'm not sure how long I should let it go before aborting(pulling battery)

something is not right for it to take that long. what are you backing up in amon ra?

you might want to try and reformat your card. keep in mind that i will erase everything on your card, so make sure you back it up on your computer.

Upvote 0
Well i'm sitting here waiting on amon 2.3 to make a backup, its been going for about 45min. I don't know how long it takes, so i'm not sure how long I should let it go before aborting(pulling battery)

If you are planning on aborting, I would say press a key before pulling the battery out. When I was backing up with Amon, it had said "Press any key to abort" I assume they mean volume keys.. It took me a while to backup with amon, but no where near 45 min. I would say abort it, and try again.. I have also read if you attempt to back up ext-sd it will take alot longer to backup.

Reactions: largeprint48
Upvote 0
Also if that dosent fix It may do a complete wipe(which I hate doing) and also trying the Partitioning and Moving Apps to the Card but seems pretty freakin hard and im not sure the guide I found is updated.

that sound like a good plan on try to flash a rom and see if that helps. not sure why it is taking that long. partitioning yo card is not hard. it is recommended that you have a clss 6 or higher if you do. read the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. there is a section on partitioning and moving apps to your card. i still think that you should format you card, but if you partition you card it will do that in the process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones