• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clone an Android TV box running 4.2 into another box?

adis44

Lurker
Jan 26, 2015
Hi everyone! I am wondering if there is a way to make an exact copy of an Android TV Box A20 running 4.2 into another box. Is there a way to do this? Maybe by creating an .img file and using sys restore? I have a box and need to create 2 exact copies of it. Any response would be appreciated! Thanks!

I did this by using the Xunity custom build add-on and just backed one unit up to a USB stick and restored the backup on the other unit. Worked like a charm :) hope this helps.

Cheers,

smoggy333
i need help if u got a few? I bought 2 xmb android tv box one i deleted something (addon) that wiped stuff back took it back to generic looking and nothing on there no movies music providers nothing ty if u can help
i need help if u got a few? I bought 2 xmb android tv box one i deleted something (addon) that wiped stuff back took it back to generic looking and nothing on there no movies music providers nothing ty if u can help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones