• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CLOSED] [OA]2.0-[STABLE] [Updated: 07/16/12]

Yep, worked just fine! I avoided it originally because I mistakenly thought it would install the old admire stuff on there again.

Thanks evildead!! Maybe the author Spz0 could have the link added to the top of the thread..

Thank you Spz0 !!! Your rom is super awesome. I love it already, e.g. how the screen wraps around when you slide your thumb across, and I'll post a donation for sure. :)

Upvote 0
1. I checked the files in stock and its 38.22k for the sensors file. This has the orientation sensor that works then. Also explains variable standalone gps accuracy.

2. Google Search didnt display any results.

3. It is possible to activate bluetooth from the settings menu in stock even with airplane mode on as i thought. not sure if this was an intended change or bug.

* You said you extracted some DSP settings, could you indicate where you stored them? I would like to take a look at them.

* Wheres the (Android) wallpaper stored, im toying with both adw and holo at the moment on eh09.

Upvote 0
1. I checked the files in stock and its 38.22k for the sensors file. This has the orientation sensor that works then. Also explains variable standalone gps accuracy.

2. Google Search didnt display any results.

3. It is possible to activate bluetooth from the settings menu in stock even with airplane mode on as i thought. not sure if this was an intended change or bug.

* You said you extracted some DSP settings, could you indicate where you stored them? I would like to take a look at them.

* Wheres the (Android) wallpaper stored, im toying with both adw and holo at the moment on eh09.
I can get accuracy down to 2 Metres in the City. In my town (which is about 20miles away from any large'esq city) I can usually get between 4 to 9 meter accuracy from standalone gps.
Im not too sure about the BT issue -- if it is suppose to be an improvement, or is infact a bug. I'll test it out once I find my BT device (temporarily lost it in the move).
Google search works great for me. Returns search results every time (data and wifi)
I didn't extract any DSP settings m8.
Android Wallpaper is stored in the original stock Launcher.apk. I think its located in /res/drawable-mdpi/. If you want them, just extract your Launcher2.apk from one of your original backups and nav. to the directory I mentioned.

Upvote 0
First of all thanks for the AWESOME customized rom!

GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Google Play all work.

Text and phone calls are not working! When I test them with my roommate's phone, I get "android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" error. And I receive no texts.

Outgoing texts and calls seem to work just fine though! :)

And yes I ran the APNrestore upon first boot. And eventually I ran *228 with no luck.

Upvote 0
First of all thanks for the AWESOME customized rom!

GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Google Play all work.

Text and phone calls are not working! When I test them with my roommate's phone, I get "android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" error. And I receive no texts.

Outgoing texts and calls seem to work just fine though! :)

And yes I ran the APNrestore upon first boot. And eventually I ran *228 with no luck.

What baseband are you running?
Settings, about phone, baseband.

Also,did you wipe data and cache as listed in the instructions?

Edit: This ROM is based off the EH29 baseband revision. You could try flashing the leaked EH29 corp flashing utility (located in this subforum), then flash my ROM again -- see if that solves the problem as well.
Just an afterthought. :)

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Just noticed this... Haven't got a phone call until today. Phone calls cause the phone app to force close. Also it didn't seem to want to wake my phone up for calls, either.

=( Someone over on another forum has the same issue.

What baseband?

Just tested my incoming and outgoing calls -- they are fine. Im running EH29 baseband.
edit: I just reproduced the error. If sound is on, it will force close. If vibrate only is on, the call will go through.
Also causes data to nerf.

Looking into it.

Reactions: theevildead84
Upvote 0
Thanks Spz0. As a first time phone hacker I was able to flash my phone with no issues (Took me a little to figure out how to get CWM on there--I was worried that the "Admire" version might only work on an Admire--even though they are the same phone). Overall everything appears to be working.

Overall I like my phone and I like Cricket, I just can't stand how I can only have a small number of apps installed on my phone at a time before I run out of memory (/Data). I bought a 32GB sd card and moved as many of the apps over there as I could, but still out of memory...

Questions?
  • How do I get all of my apps back on the phone? Do I just have to re-push them from the PlayStore or is there something else I can do? (I did a Titanium Backup of my apps...is that the way, 1 at a time?)
  • I had been running "Apps Organizer" as a way to organize my apps into folders (I like things in neat categories). Does the Holo Launcher do anything like that?

Reactions: charssun
Upvote 0
Okay so i haven't downloaded this for only one reason the vitality has a small amount of integrated memory. I am very excited to try it out once you get the ext4 version ill donate as soon as that happens thanks for the great work spz0

Ext4 version isn't going to put a dent in the free space on /data m8.
Think there's about 150mb free on a fresh install currently - a good increase vs stock . I also use link2sd, which helps, but honestly I haven't run into space issues yet.

Upvote 0
You dont need a bluetooth device to see the prob. Just put it in airplane mode and go to the bluetooth checkbox under settings it was greyed out in mine. if you do that in stock its checkable.

I forgot to mention yesterday that the notification window slowing down the media scanner also exisits in stock.

Ill take a look at your patch when you release it i like the increased noise (i wondered if it would blow the speaker lol) but i didnt listen to notifications, alarms with that applied.

I presume you used that metro pcs 2.3.6 update and applied it to stock for this rom, if so do you know where this is on the net? I have never been able to find it.

Upvote 0
Ext4 version isn't going to put a dent in the free space on /data m8.
Think there's about 150mb free on a fresh install currently - a good increase vs stock . I also use link2sd, which helps, but honestly I haven't run into space issues yet.

I haven't tested this ROM yet, but if it's anything like the original OpenVitality ROM then I can confirm that it frees up quite a bit of space on our device. :)

Upvote 0
I haven't tested this ROM yet, but if it's anything like the original OpenVitality ROM then I can confirm that it frees up quite a bit of space on our device. :)

Theres plenty of space in system (about 40mb). I havent noticed anything different in data though (user installed apps), unless the partitions are resized I cant see how the free extra space from system can be used.

Upvote 0
Were the EQ enhancements removed? Seems just as loud as it was.

Otherwise, seems to be working great now. :)

Haha, yeah, I may not have removed them. It was late last night. lol
I always make a copy template of my ROM to make changes on, then I apply said changes to the master copy -- I must have forgot to remove the eq files.

I'll make the changes and re-upload the ROM (same revision).
I'll also make a flashable zip for the EQ boost, and another for removal of said EQ boost, so people can have total control over the EQ mod.

Give me a few to make the changes and write up the eq script.

~cheers

Upvote 0
Hey Spz0, have you ever been able to change the stock 2.3 lockscreen in any of your ROMs? I think you can do it in the theme kitchen, but I havent had any luck or found anything flashable.

Yeah I have, just had never seen a point in it. Thats just my taste personally. It works, so don't fix it. :)

I _may_ add it in a future release, if theres enough of a demand. ;)

Upvote 0
Ok, New revision is up. Redownload.

I've also added 2 more zips. One for the EQ Boost, and another to remove EQ boost (if you just decide you dont want the mod).
I recommend redownloading the entire ROM if you have EQ boost active and dont want it (reason being is I fixed a couple more bugs, and fixed the boot animation file not looping properly (me thinks)).

~Cheers.

Oh! In regards to the phone.apk crash issue..
I was trying to use an updated phone.apk, that looked nicer, and had better functions on the incall screen (easily accessible speaker/BT/dialpad buttons, no swype-to-end-call thingy [ick..]). This was the culprit of the FC. So I had to remove it and put a stock phone.apk on the ROM. I do not like it, but it works. Im looking to update the phone.apk to a newer version, because the stock version isnt very functional compared to what I had on there prior.

Reactions: theevildead84
Upvote 0
Ok, New revision is up. Redownload.

I've also added 2 more zips. One for the EQ Boost, and another to remove EQ boost (if you just decide you dont want the mod).
I recommend redownloading the entire ROM if you have EQ boost active and dont want it (reason being is I fixed a couple more bugs, and fixed the boot animation file not looping properly (me thinks)).

~Cheers.

Oh! In regards to the phone.apk crash issue..
I was trying to use an updated phone.apk, that looked nicer, and had better functions on the incall screen (easily accessible speaker/BT/dialpad buttons, no swype-to-end-call thingy [ick..]). This was the culprit of the FC. So I had to remove it and put a stock phone.apk on the ROM. I do not like it, but it works. Im looking to update the phone.apk to a newer version, because the stock version isnt very functional compared to what I had on there prior.
Do you mind porting this to the admire? (the bold)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones