• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Closest overclocked rom

For the record and from the site rules:

Also while the search feature on forums is great, and hopefully will be utilized - if someone comes here and asks a question, either answer it or don't. If you're going to suggest the search feature, be polite about it. Nothing irks me more than when I go to a forum, (and use the search!), then ask a question because I want some one-on-one with my problem, and get a simple "Use the search." reply. Suggesting it is encouraged, but don't withhold the answer because they don't.

Please don't make pointless rude/nonconstructive replies.

Everyone is expected to comply not only with this part of the rules, but with all of them. Let's not focus on what we think the way things should be but on the much more important job of helping each other with our phones.

Upvote 0
ok i didnt see any one complete helpful answer so ill give it a go. I prefer the app setcpu for overclocking mostly because it seems to be the one app than can make my governors stick. Rom toolbox is a great all around app (maybe the best) and it will allow you to overclock, but the governors will not stick as of this time for some unknown (that i know of) reason. Someone did mention that the ROM and Kernel are the most important factors that determine your max overclock and they are. I use PG's Black Plague almost exclusively even though ive touched on most of the other ROMs. The plague kernel seems to give me the best overclock. I get 2016 all day. I briefly used a kernel for a while by PG (playful god) that would allow me to go up to 2.2 (for the bravest souls as PG put it) Id give you a link but id have to search for it so ill leave that to you. Now my final point....the highest benchmarks go to a ROM that is not by PG (last i heard) so apparently somebody knows something i dont

Reactions: FRESHSTEEM
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones