• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jerigorn

Lurker
Aug 16, 2016
Hey guys, my apologies if this has been answered somewhere else. I did some searching and couldn't find anything.

So I'm having a problem with my phone closing out of apps. Note 4 on 5.1.1. This can be anything, Facebook, games, etc. Basically the app loads, I press the home button, go back into said app, and it has to load again. It even does this when no other apps are open. Many thanks!

Hi,

Phil sort of hinted at the fact that, under developer options, you have the chance to limit the number of background processes that can run (even down to zero), but I guess you have not played with these.

My best guess would be that you have installed some sort of greenify app to extend your battery life. This could have the misfeature that you are experiencing. Just deinstall this app as they don't really help with modern versions of Android anyway.

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones