1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cloud for movies?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by joejoedroid104, Dec 7, 2013.

1. joejoedroid104

so what i want to do is take existing movies that i own on dvd (legitamite copies not burned) and upload them to a cloud type service for viewing on my android devices by either streaming or even to be able to download them would be amazing! can i just use drop box and upload them via pc? any suggestions would be appreciated and i wouldnt mind paying for the app or service

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Right now Flixster offers a service to redeem digital copies of DVDs right now. You'll need to use a PC with a DVD drive though, but it adds your movies to the flixster cloud. I have not done it yet as my laptop doesn't have a DVD drive. First DVD is free too, but I think it costs you $2 for each DVD. Not bad.

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Dropbox would work, just need to understand that you get 10GB free and a movie usually takes up about 500-700MB if it's around an hour and a half in 720p.

So you wouldn't be able to keep a lot of movies on it.

4. joejoedroid104

ok and i can do that with any of my movies? most of their q and a section talks about UV copies and i dont have many UV copies?

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If you got movies on DVD you can rip and transcode them into a suitable format like MP4 with HandBrake or DVD Shrink. And then upload them to something like Dropbox.

6. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

I watch a lot of movies and record them to DVD from Netflix and Satellite TV. I then rip them to my computer in MP3 format to play on any of my mobile devices. (A copy stays on our home computer.) Each one of my movies are over 2 hrs which is over a gigabyte in size. I have micro USB adapters for all my devices, so I can just put the movies on either a micro SD card or standard SD card. Then just plug in the USB adapter to that device and watch for free and not needing a data signal or wifi to stream it.