1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cloud icon with question mark??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Renthorin, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Renthorin

Renthorin Newbie

I tried to search and I even read the manual (skimmed really). Every once and a while I get a white cloud with a question mark in the upper left corner of the screen.

I assume my phone wants to connect to the cloud but can not?

I didn't know I had set up any accounts to connect to the cloud. I back up my contact to my Verizon site.

Anyone have thoughts about why the cloud shows up with the question mark?

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

I could be wrong, but is it telling you there's open wifi networks available?

3. Renthorin

Renthorin Newbie

I don't think so. I have "Notify me when wifi is available" turned off. When it's turned on and you launch an app it opens the wifi panel.

This is a little fluffy cloud with a smiley face. It's really kind of creepy.

It looks like the cloud pictured on "Backup Assistant Plus" Maybe it means I couldn't connect when it wanted to run the bu?

4. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

I don't think that's a standard icon for Note II. It is probably an app icon or one of your carrier's bloatware icons. Usually icon with smiley face is a text message app icon or some kind of chat app.

5. Renthorin

Renthorin Newbie

Yeah, it's not specific to the N2 as my Droid X is doing it after a factory reset. I'm pretty sure it's the Verizon contact sync.

I'm not going to worry about it :)

6. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

It might be advertising, pushed by ad networks like AirPush and caused by a recently installed or updateted app on your phone.

This thread could help you to catch the culprit app ...

Push Advertising

Harry

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews