1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Cloud Services

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Prof Farnsworth, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Prof Farnsworth

None

Nov 20, 2014
    Calgary
    Just curious what cloud services people use. Until recently i was using Dropbox, had a 50gig free when I bought my Note II. I've been playing a bit with Google Drive and picasa but I'm not having much luck setting it up like dropbox... And I haven't been able to set it up so I can share specific folders with some people while keeping others private...

wondering if Anyone has suggestions, or thoughts. Just not sure if it's worth the price to upgrade Dropbox or if there is something better. listed are a few things I'd like to find in a service:
    -- Auto back up Photo's from Phone/Tablet when connected to Wifi
    -- Able to share certain folders with specific people
    -- Able to customize how it looks. (can set up folders, sub folders, move things around in it.

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Google Drive and Dropbox should both do what you want as far as sharing and arranging folders. What problems are you having with setting up what you need?

The Dropbox app has a photo auto upload function. The Google Drive app really doesn't. Google intends for you to upload photos to Google+. But I want nothing to do with Google+. I just want to auto upload photos to a folder on Google Drive. I use the very useful FolderSync app for that.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.full

I use CloudHQ sync service to keep everything synced between several Google Drive accounts and Dropbox.
    https://www.cloudhq.net/

#2 Crashdamage, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    codesplice and Mr. Lucky like this.
  3. Prof Farnsworth

None

Nov 20, 2014
    Calgary
    I think I'm using dropbox as a standard... it did everything. With Drive, id doesn;t like to auto back up pictures or videos. I'll have a look at the links you posted. thank you/

4. jae_63

jae_63 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    I use a free Google Drive, and occasionally use my free. Dropbox account. But recently I have switched all my large-scale storage activities (e.g., backups) to Microsoft's OneDrive, since MS Office subscriptions now include 1TB of free storage. One can request a free upgrade to infinite storage, which I did successfully.