• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cloud storage

Damar1979

Android Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2010
Hey guys! I have a question. Does anyone utilize cloud storage? I love this phone, but I will be honest and say that storage capacity is the one thing that honestly bugs me. Does anyone here utilize cloud storage? if so, how big can a file be to be stored on a cloud?

I use Dropbox. I like their Privacy Policy better than Google Drive. Has a ton of features like auto picture upload, dual authentication and a lots of existing applications support it. Sign-up using the link below and we can both earn an extra 500GB of space for free.

I used your link so I have 2.5Gb space :) I like it so far. I can use it to back-up photos via wifi when I'm traveling.

Upvote 0
Microsoft Skydrive appears to be the best so far for accessing photo/galleries from handset also. MS has been in cloud game for a decade and their skydrive app for android is free up to 7gb. Google Drive is legacy google docs....unrefined and junky at best from the handset. Just b/c googles 'android' is the staple OS doesnt mean they keep all their 'jewelry polished'

I tried Drive/docs it is weak compared to Skydrive

read up on skydrive vs drive youll learn real quick how weak drive is(especially from handset)

Id go w skydrive since its so polished and native/consistent w windows/w8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.skydrive

Upvote 0
Microsoft Skydrive appears to be the best so far for accessing photo/galleries from handset also. MS has been in cloud game for a decade and their skydrive app for android is free up to 7gb. Google Drive is legacy google docs....unrefined and junky at best feom the handset. Just b/c googles 'android' is the staple OS doesnt mean they keep all their 'jewelry polished'

I tried Drive it is weak compared to Skydrive/docs

Id go w skydrive since its so polished and native/consistent w windows/w8

I love Google Drive. To each his own I suppose.

Upvote 0
I use Dropbox for temporary files and photo/video uploads, and Google Drive for more permanent storage (offline notes, etc). I'm planning to rent additional space from Google in the New Year when I move off contract to SIM only (freeing up some additional funds in the process).

My main storage is at home - I have approximately 12TB of storage on two WHS servers that I can access through an Asus rt-n66u (Dark Knight) router either through Asus's AICloud app or using the built-in VPN server with ES File Explorer. Not really cloud I know, but very handy and private.

Upvote 0
I've been using Microsoft's SkyDrive for over a year. 7GB for free and it integrates very nicely with Windows to sync all of your PCs (Macs) and phones. On your phone, you can access it from the SkyDrive app or from utilities like ES File Explorer.

Per the comments above, I did sign up for the Box LG promotion for a 50GB account. I don't know if I'll ever use it or need it, but 50GB of free cloud storage can't be a bad thing.

Upvote 0
Hey guys! I have a question. Does anyone utilize cloud storage? I love this phone, but I will be honest and say that storage capacity is the one thing that honestly bugs me. Does anyone here utilize cloud storage? if so, how big can a file be to be stored on a cloud?
box.net puts a, limitation of 250 mb per file, dropbox although the total capacity is low but they're is no limitation per file, but if your files are massive simply use jottacloud which there is no limitation per file and the total capacity with referrals is 100 gb, i use dropbox, box and jottacloud

Upvote 0
There are literally a tons of options. I regularly use,
Dropbox,
Cubby
4Sync
SkyDrive
for different purposes

I discontinued use of SugarSync. Somehow it managed to mess up my computer and it never worked at my hand as well as Dropbox.
Box.net, I have 50GB of space but their syncing feature is pathetic. All I want to do is sync my pdf articles between mt laptop and tablet. It can't even do this job well. So this guy is off too.
Google Drive, good for my limited requirement but I have not given too much of thought as the other options are just working well. And my policy is, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

If you are worried about any of your data, it should not go in the cloud, as simple as that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones