1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cloud WiFi Account Problem

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by SavageRobot, May 12, 2016.

1. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert
    None

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    I have a very strange problem. I have an account with the cloud so I have my device auto connect when I go to the locals with it. Unfortunately I live in a pretty rural area so there is barely any 3G in my area let alone 4G.

All of my previous phones have connected fine and welcomed me back etc but this one for some reason auto connects to someone else's account and welcomes back some "Jason" bloke. It doesn't always stay connected properly and drops signal / avoids connection so I then try and connect to my account using my email and password and it says I am not allowed to do that as the device is already registered with this other account.

I have no idea who this Jason person is, I managed to find out the email it was connecting to and tried emailing asking to unregister my device from his account a couple weeks back, heard nothing back and still connects to his when it works.

This is a refurbished G4 I think (as my previous G4s kept bootlooping and had to be returned to EE and they sent new devices, but this one was built in July and I got this about 2 months back.

Could it be that the phone is still registered to the previous owners account and if so has anyone any ideas how I can unregister?

TLDR;
    Phone is registered to someone elses cloud, can I unregister from it?

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    By all means, unregister and login with your credentials

mikedt likes this.
  3. SavageRobot

None

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    It won't let me unresgister that's the problem. If I go to cloud account I need to put in his password, If I put in my email and password it won't let me connect as the device is already registered with another account.

4. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    You mean something like a FRP?
    Are you able to access the phone,apk,contacts,photos,etc.
    or are you locked out the phone,or is it a cloud apk for back up nd restoring?
    What cloud in particular you having problems with?
    Need to know facts to better understand what your dealing with.

mikedt likes this.
  5. SavageRobot

None

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    mikedt likes this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I've used The Cloud WiFi from time to time during visits to the UK. it's usually found in Wetherspoon pubs, and many other places as well, like railway stations. Have you tried clearing cache and data for The Cloud app? That should reset it blank, defaults, with no user information at all. If it's a refurbished phone and had another user, probably be a very good idea to data wipe and factory reset it completely.

However there's a chance the phone's WiFi MAC address could still registered to whomever this "Jason" is. Not sure if The Cloud service uses the MAC address in this manner. If it is, you'd definitely have to contact The Cloud Networks Ltd. and get it unregistered from "Jason", because you can't usually change a device's MAC address yourself.

#6 mikedt, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    SavageRobot, ThePhizzle and Dannydet like this.
  7. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    The Cloud WiFi Profile is provisioned to your device when you first register via FastConnect.
    If you need to remove or re-install the profile follow these steps.

On iOS

1. Go to Settings > General > Profiles
    2. Select WiFi Profile powered by The Cloud
    3. Select Remove
    4. Confirm Remove Profile. If you have a passcode enabled on your phone you will be asked to enter it.
    If you see more than one Cloud WiFi Profile repeat the steps until all are removed.

Then Go back into the FastConnect app
    Select the More tab
    Click Install WiFi Profile and follow the instructions.

If that still doesn't help try clearing browser history, cache,and saved password in the web browser settings.
    Good health to you and your device & good luck.

SavageRobot and mikedt like this.
  8. SavageRobot

None

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Thanks for both suggestions however this is a new phone from Network provider (although as I say I think it may be refurbished as it was a replacement due to device fault and built almost a year ago now). And I unlocked the bootloader (wiping everything on it in process) I have completely reflashed new boot, bootloader, system & modem wiping everything on it in the process again and wiped data flashing new ROMs a couple of times so I doubt any of these suggestions will help but will give it a go and let you know when I go back to hotspot if worked. Thanks for suggestions but I fear mikedt might be right with the MAC

9. SavageRobot

None

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Well I tried deleting the cloud profiles from the saved Wi-Fis but still no luck. I guess it must be the MAC thing but I can't find any way to contact the cloud :/ guess I'm destined to stay with tempromental Wi-Fi using cloud. Thanks anyway guys

10. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    If for whatever reason you need to change the Media Access Control (MAC) address registered on your Cloud Unlimited Single or Music agreement you will need to fill in the help request form and request this change.

Remember, you will need to provide your username, existing MAC address and your new or correct Physical address, WiFi or Media Access Control (MAC) address of your device.

Cloud Unlimited Music agreements can only be amended with Physical addresses, WiFi or Media Access Control (MAC) addresses that start with the following octets; 00:1D:4F, 00:1E:52 or 00:1e:c2.

Once we have updated the address for you we will drop you an email to confirm that this has been completed so that you can continue to use your subscribed product.

send email to:
    wifiuser@bskyb.com

11. maadidevelopment

None

Aug 9, 2013
    Mobile Application Developer
    India
  12. SavageRobot

None

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Thanks but I can't this isn't Apple "iCloud", it's "The Cloud WiFi". and the issue is somehow my device is registered to someone else cloud (don't know whos) so I can't log in and remove the devices. I have eventually found somewhere I can email them now anyway so hopefully they will be able to remove.