• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cloud WiFi Account Problem

SavageRobot

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2012
Wales
I have a very strange problem. I have an account with the cloud so I have my device auto connect when I go to the locals with it. Unfortunately I live in a pretty rural area so there is barely any 3G in my area let alone 4G.

All of my previous phones have connected fine and welcomed me back etc but this one for some reason auto connects to someone else's account and welcomes back some "Jason" bloke. It doesn't always stay connected properly and drops signal / avoids connection so I then try and connect to my account using my email and password and it says I am not allowed to do that as the device is already registered with this other account.

I have no idea who this Jason person is, I managed to find out the email it was connecting to and tried emailing asking to unregister my device from his account a couple weeks back, heard nothing back and still connects to his when it works.

This is a refurbished G4 I think (as my previous G4s kept bootlooping and had to be returned to EE and they sent new devices, but this one was built in July and I got this about 2 months back.

Could it be that the phone is still registered to the previous owners account and if so has anyone any ideas how I can unregister?

TLDR;
Phone is registered to someone elses cloud, can I unregister from it?

I've used The Cloud WiFi from time to time during visits to the UK. it's usually found in Wetherspoon pubs, and many other places as well, like railway stations. Have you tried clearing cache and data for The Cloud app? That should reset it blank, defaults, with no user information at all. If it's a refurbished phone and had another user, probably be a very good idea to data wipe and factory reset it completely.

However there's a chance the phone's WiFi MAC address could still registered to whomever this "Jason" is. Not sure if The Cloud service uses the MAC address in this manner. If it is, you'd definitely have to contact The Cloud Networks Ltd. and get it unregistered from "Jason", because you can't usually change a device's MAC address yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Cloud WiFi Profile is provisioned to your device when you first register via FastConnect.
If you need to remove or re-install the profile follow these steps.

On iOS

1. Go to Settings > General > Profiles
  2. Select WiFi Profile powered by The Cloud
  3. Select Remove
  4. Confirm Remove Profile. If you have a passcode enabled on your phone you will be asked to enter it.
If you see more than one Cloud WiFi Profile repeat the steps until all are removed.

Then Go back into the FastConnect app
Select the More tab
Click Install WiFi Profile and follow the instructions.

If that still doesn't help try clearing browser history, cache,and saved password in the web browser settings.
Good health to you and your device & good luck.

Upvote 0
I've used The Cloud WiFi from time to time during visits to the UK. it's usually found in Wetherspoon pubs, and many other places as well, like railway stations. Have you tried clearing cache and data for The Cloud app? That should reset it blank, defaults, with no user information at all. If it's a refurbished phone and had another user, probably be a very good idea to data wipe and factory reset it completely.

However there's a chance the phone's WiFi MAC address could still registered to whomever this "Jason" is. Not sure if The Cloud service uses the MAC address in this manner. If it is, you'd definitely have to contact The Cloud Networks Ltd. and get it unregistered from "Jason", because you can't usually change a device's MAC address yourself.

The Cloud WiFi Profile is provisioned to your device when you first register via FastConnect.
If you need to remove or re-install the profile follow these steps.

On iOS

1. Go to Settings > General > Profiles
  2. Select WiFi Profile powered by The Cloud
  3. Select Remove
  4. Confirm Remove Profile. If you have a passcode enabled on your phone you will be asked to enter it.
If you see more than one Cloud WiFi Profile repeat the steps until all are removed.

Then Go back into the FastConnect app
Select the More tab
Click Install WiFi Profile and follow the instructions.

If that still doesn't help try clearing browser history, cache,and saved password in the web browser settings.
Good health to you and your device & good luck.

Thanks for both suggestions however this is a new phone from Network provider (although as I say I think it may be refurbished as it was a replacement due to device fault and built almost a year ago now). And I unlocked the bootloader (wiping everything on it in process) I have completely reflashed new boot, bootloader, system & modem wiping everything on it in the process again and wiped data flashing new ROMs a couple of times so I doubt any of these suggestions will help but will give it a go and let you know when I go back to hotspot if worked. Thanks for suggestions but I fear mikedt might be right with the MAC

Upvote 0
If for whatever reason you need to change the Media Access Control (MAC) address registered on your Cloud Unlimited Single or Music agreement you will need to fill in the help request form and request this change.

Remember, you will need to provide your username, existing MAC address and your new or correct Physical address, WiFi or Media Access Control (MAC) address of your device.

Cloud Unlimited Music agreements can only be amended with Physical addresses, WiFi or Media Access Control (MAC) addresses that start with the following octets; 00:1D:4F, 00:1E:52 or 00:1e:c2.

Once we have updated the address for you we will drop you an email to confirm that this has been completed so that you can continue to use your subscribed product.

send email to:
wifiuser@bskyb.com

Upvote 0
  1. Turn off the device you want to remove.
  2. Go to Find your location on iCloud.com. ...
  3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account.
Further refer to https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2702?locale=en_US
Thanks but I can't this isn't Apple "iCloud", it's "The Cloud WiFi". and the issue is somehow my device is registered to someone else cloud (don't know whos) so I can't log in and remove the devices. I have eventually found somewhere I can email them now anyway so hopefully they will be able to remove.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones