• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 7 Runs Slow and Ringer doesn't work

So when I first had my Ascend rooted with CM 7 and over clocked, it worked great (minus having to use speakerphone toggle to have my ear buds work).

But all of a sudden its slow as hell.... I mean refreshing the screen takes longer now than before I had it rooted with all the bloatware...

The only thing I did was move a bunch of apps to my SD Card..... With the low amount of phone memory available I have no choice.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this thing fast again?

So when I first had my Ascend rooted with CM 7 and over clocked, it worked great (minus having to use speakerphone toggle to have my ear buds work).

But all of a sudden its slow as hell.... I mean refreshing the screen takes longer now than before I had it rooted with all the bloatware...

The only thing I did was move a bunch of apps to my SD Card..... With the low amount of phone memory available I have no choice.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this thing fast again?

I can recommend two things for overall improvement :

Install a Cache cleaning app from the market, preferably one that is customizable to clean on a periodic basis(CACHE CLEANER NG is a good one).

Install & run the V6 SUPERCHARGER Script by ZEPPELINROX. There's a step by step tutorial thread here in the ALL THINGS ROOT section.

Upvote 0
I can recommend two things for overall improvement :

Install a Cache cleaning app from the market, preferably one that is customizable to clean on a periodic basis(CACHE CLEANER NG is a good one).

Install & run the V6 SUPERCHARGER Script by ZEPPELINROX. There's a step by step tutorial thread here in the ALL THINGS ROOT section.

Thanks for trying to help.... the cache cleaner really didn't do much... I ended up switching to t-mobile and got the galaxy s3, I'm in love :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones