1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM 7 Stable....not yet for us!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by docdl, Apr 11, 2011.

1. docdl

docdl Newbie

The Cyanogenmod forum has a post explaining why most phones got CM7 today, but our beloved original Droid did not. Short version is there are lingering issues to resolve first. Oh well. I can be patient. But I am looking forward to it! RC4 is running OK for me.
    CM7-Stable & Droid - CyanogenMod Forum

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. almahix

almahix Android Enthusiast

Let them resolve all the issues they want. The more they resolve the better our phones will work. Take all the time you need, please. I will still be happy with RC4 for a while longer.

Thanks docdl for pointing this out.

3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

I'm hoping to at least get to try out one final ROM on my OG Droid before I get my ThunderBolt. That's why I'm so anxious to see this ROM released.

4. mihalich

mihalich Android Enthusiast

I was at a verizon store in Vegas on saturday, cuz my parents were getting cases for the droidx's (lol, both my parents have a better phone than I do...they got them at costco like a month ago for $25 each.)

Anyway, I managed to get to a speed test web site on the browser on the thunderbolt on the floor. 6Mb Down, 2.5Mb Up at the verizon store. I was salivating. My contract ended 3/18. I'm waiting for a dual core tegra or samsung based processor to upgrade. Otherwise I might have bought the thunderbolt on the spot.

In the mean time, waiting patiently for CM7 and hopefully a fix for the email sync issue. Then I'm good till the summer when more phones will be out. I'm on CM7 build 36 now I think. Running smooth other than the poor multitasking and email sync stuff.

Joe

5. almahix

almahix Android Enthusiast

I am kind of interested in the Bionic if it lives up to expectations. I am planning to upgrade my Droid in July so we will see what comes along between now and then. 3 months is a long time and we are only hearing "leaks" about May expectations now. Whatever it is its gotta be screaming fast, and its gotta have lots and lots o' memory (not just the sd). Am I getting too greedy?

6. jackburnt

jackburnt Android Enthusiast

My contract is up in Dec and I usually get one each 2 years as a "Christmas present" to myself.

I'm hoping CM7 will do me for a while. Still running Liquid's 1.3(!) as the newer ROMs just don't see much an improvement.

7. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

Haha, that situation sounds familiar! My parents both also have Droid Xs from Costco. ;)

8. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Android Enthusiast

Nightly #31 has been ,y daily driver for some time now with zero issues. RC4 should be perfectly usable for daily use.

9. mrterry

mrterry Member

Don't hold your breath on Bionic. Motorola kills the Etna DROID BIONIC, with the Targa to replace it? - Phone Arena

Not a regular at phonearena, so I don't know if the information is legit...but take it with a grain of salt nevertheless.

10. mrterry

mrterry Member

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews