• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM10 and Lucid 2 (VS870) files

I was just messing around with the Lucid 2 firmware and apps and I was trying to install some on my Lucid/CM10 and a handful of stock LG apps work including the cool Weather Widget/App. When running LGHome (Stock Lucid 2 Launcher) it runs in "User Debug Mode". The LG Keyboard doesn't work, likely due to the different screen size (480x800 vs 540x960). It's fairly unstable (because the phones are different of course) but I was wondering if maybe a rom/mod could be made to use many of the stock Lucid 2 apps/files.

Here's some screens:
CM10_Lucid-2_Hybrid.png

I was just messing around with the Lucid 2 firmware and apps and I was trying to install some on my Lucid/CM10 and a handful of stock LG apps work including the cool Weather Widget/App. When running LGHome (Stock Lucid 2 Launcher) it runs in "User Debug Mode". The LG Keyboard doesn't work, likely due to the different screen size (480x800 vs 540x960). It's fairly unstable (because the phones are different of course) but I was wondering if maybe a rom/mod could be made to use many of the stock Lucid 2 apps/files.

Here's some screens:
CM10_Lucid-2_Hybrid.png

What particular feature (or features) make you want these apps?

Upvote 0
Can you do a system pull and upload it if you can?
Can you extract from a .cab or .kdz file?
Edit:
Actually...
Nevermind I found out how to use lgextract
Yeah I extracted the .tot file from the cab and then the system files from the .tot file using the lg bin file extractor by xonar_

Upvote 0
Yeah I extracted the .tot file from the cab and then the system files from the .tot file using the lg bin file extractor by xonar_

Let's get egl and internal storage fully working first. Then I might have the time to investigate. Granted, I don't take much of an issue with the CM10 user interface, but since I use the lucid relatively lightly I'm not the best person to comment. Maintaining one ROM is difficult enough for me for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones