1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM10 changed my mac address.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iBananakiller, Oct 19, 2014.

1. iBananakiller

iBananakiller Newbie

I flashed my two LG Motion yesterday and their wifi performance was incredibly slow. Spent a whole day to figure out what' going on. Turned out cm10 changed their mac addresses and now the mac addresses are same. If I turn one device offline then the other will have no wifi problem. But they can't connect to same router same time.

Any fix idea?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. parylizer

parylizer Lurker

Hello, were you able to fix this issue? I also flashed CM10 on two LG Motion's and having the same issue now.

3. iBananakiller

iBananakiller Newbie

Yes I did.
    The mac address has been written in system/ect/firmware/wlan/prima/wcnss_qcom_wlan_nv.bin. Edit the file to assign a new mac address.

4. parylizer

parylizer Lurker

Wow, thanks alot! I have been looking for days where it is stored and couldn't find it. What did you use to edit the file?

5. iBananakiller

iBananakiller Newbie

Because the mac address is hexadecimal, a hex editor such as ultraedit can do it.

6. parylizer

parylizer Lurker

Where in this file is the mac?

7. iBananakiller

iBananakiller Newbie

Can't remember. You gotta find it yourself. Check your motion, get the mac, check with the file. It's in hexadecimal.

8. parylizer

parylizer Lurker

Hmmmm I have looked through the whole file and does not seem to be in there

9. parylizer

parylizer Lurker

Found another thread saying you have to edit the line 0000000a but my files does not have this line

10. iBananakiller

iBananakiller Newbie

Your file will have a line which is exact same with your current mac address. You have to view and edit it with a hex editor. That all I can help.

11. parylizer

parylizer Lurker

Tried editing the file in hex editor app instead of on pc and worked! Thanks

(There was no line with my mac when I copied the file to my pc and tried editing)

12. seitys

seitys Lurker

I have the same issue except on CM11. The hex editor in the play store kept crashing. I managed to edit the file in windows but when I tried to replace the old file with the newly edited file, I got permission denied.

13. iBananakiller

iBananakiller Newbie

Change permission in file explorer is easy.

14. seitys

seitys Lurker

Yes I see. All I had to do was press the menu button and select root for ES File Explorer. New permissions allowed me to replace the file.

15. RaZi7294

RaZi7294 Lurker

Plz help me friendzz:-
    How to edit wcnss_qcom_wlan_nv.bin file...I searched every single letter with hex editor... I got nothing related to my Mac address's.....Plz explain the editing process in full details.......plzzzzzzzzzzzzZ

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews