• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM10 Development (moved to upp)

I have been trying to repo sync all day with no luck. Keeps giving me this:

error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

After some research, I need to keep trying. Using repo sync -j1 this time...I read that it fixed it for some users.

Upvote 0
no go...same error as before and I started from scratch:

Install: /home/superr/android/out/target/product/warp2/system/bin/app_process
make: *** [/home/superr/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Upvote 0
hmm, and youve tried both versions of java 6, making sure not to use java 7... its not the repo... maybe theres an error in the symbolic linking on your computer? did you make sure that all of the jdk applications are linked to your path variables as well as the adk things like it said to do in certain tutorials?
i just dont see how it could have that error though without there being something wrong in those areas, that isnt a device specific thing...
maybe somewhere in the make files it is trying to find a file that has been renamed between 9 and 10?
you could try syncing the ics repository as well and plug everything into that see if it works
though that is a very time consuming process just to check that one little theory of mine. if you could build 9 tho its pretty much just as good as getting 10 working on here
who cares that its ics instead of jellybean its a hell of alot better than the ics version we have now

edit: ah ok, yea try it with openjdk. hopefully that fixes things

Upvote 0
ok so after a little more digging ive found that openjdk has fixed it for some
other have managed to fix it by doing a debug build instead of an engineering

lunch full_warp2-user_debug
instead of lunch full_warp2-eng

someone also mentions a java settings file

Make sure you have the corresponding lines in the Settings.java file. That may be the issue.
Settings.java is located beow (bare with me I'm at work on the phone so the directory may be wrong)
Frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/provider/Settings.java

and then there is making sure you got rid of every last piece of one jdk before trying the other, the smallest fragment left over could screw everything up

Upvote 0
hmm, and youve tried both versions of java 6, making sure not to use java 7
yes
did you make sure that all of the jdk applications are linked to your path variables as well as the adk things like it said to do in certain tutorials?
not sure, i followed 2 different tutorials to the T. Do you happen to know the command to make this happen? No harm in trying again
maybe somewhere in the make files it is trying to find a file that has been renamed between 9 and 10?
maybe, although none of the files I replaced were the ones that error.

no go on open-jdk, or oracles for the second time

Upvote 0
i can look up the path commands, make 100% you have removed every piece of the openjdk tho that will screw with things
and if you havent yet try the command i spoke of earlier
[FONT=Courier, Monospaced]sudo update-alternatives --config jar
not sure of its exact effects but maybe it will be helpful

and i know its not like in the buildconfig or anything but maybe one of the makefiles links to something from cm9 that cm10 doesnt have, its looking like a jdk problem tho
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
if you havent yet try the command i spoke of earlier
[FONT=Courier, Monospaced]sudo update-alternatives --config jar
not sure of its exact effects but maybe it will be helpful
[/FONT]
superr@ubuntu:~$ sudo update-alternatives --config jar
[sudo] password for superr:
There is only one alternative in link group jar (providing /usr/bin/jar): /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-oracle/bin/jar
Nothing to configure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones