1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CM10 hangs on boot animation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MtnDew31693, Jan 10, 2013.

1. MtnDew31693

MtnDew31693 Member
    None

Sep 17, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Hey guys, I've run into a problem on my phone while running the Gangnam Style CM10. For some reason it won't boot and it hangs on the boot animation screen. I've been running CM10 for about a week now with no problems up until now. I try to reboot it once every day or two, so this is by no means my first reboot. I woke up this morning and decided to go ahead and do a quick reboot before I left for class but it just sat there on the boot animation the whole time I was getting ready (about 20 minutes). I did a battery pull then tried to reboot and it again hung at the boot animation (I actually forgot about it and it did that for an hour while I was in class). I tried flashing a new kernal (Buttered Toast taken from Pacman) but that didn't do anything.

I'm not quite sure what to do with it at this point. I can get into recovery (4EXT) and the bootloader just fine. I have everything still on my SD card and could reflash and start over quite easily (did that several times while trying to fix MMS) but I'd rather not since I don't want to take the time to set everything back up. What would you guys recommend?

Advertisement

2. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Android Expert
    None

Aug 9, 2012
    I would wipe cache and dalvik....if that doesn't work reflash or restore backup

I've gotten in the habit of setting my stuff up the way I want it (after a flash), make sure everything works, then make a backup, just because of this type of situation.

3. goshjosh

goshjosh Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 6, 2011
    Male
    I was having the same issue also. I just ended up wiping everything and restoring everything with appextractor.

4. MtnDew31693

MtnDew31693 Member
    None

Sep 17, 2012
    Male
    Student
    I wiped cache and dalvik to no avail. I think I might just have to reflash and start over. I have Titanium backup to backup my apps and appdata, but does anyone know the best way (if there is a way) to restore system settings? Things like power toggles in the notification bar and other random system settings?

5. marco562

marco562 Well-Known Member
    None

I did also had those problems in pacman rom & pa 2.99 but I have not had that issue on gangnam style
    I been using it for over a week I reboot once every day n it loads up with no problems :) I recently updated it to Jan 8 build (latest build so far on xda) runns smooth no complaints..

6. davidmargolin

davidmargolin Android Expert
    None

Mar 6, 2012
    Male
    Brooklyn, NY
    this app saved my life: appextractor beta
    dont let the name fool you... restores accounts/apps/wifi/bluetooth/sms/etc.

basically make a backup with 4ext/twrp..
    even if it wont boot...
    flash a fresh version of cm10 and run this app
    it will take apart your backup and restore the necessary things (you have choices)
    it will take an extremely long time but do not be afraid... just let it go through...
    since it is restoring the system, there will be a large set of force closes.
    just press 'ok' and keep letting it do its job..
    once it finishes, your phone might be unstable...
    just reboot and its good as it ever was...

7. MtnDew31693

MtnDew31693 Member
    None

Sep 17, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Ill have to check that out. I'm running evervolv now but I've learned my lesson. Always backup your apps. Will Appextractor only work for the same ROM the backup was mad with? For example say i had a backup of gangnam. I could use it to restore my settings if i reflashed gangnam but it wouldn't work if i flashed something else like PA or evervolv. Is that how it works?

8. Superorb

Superorb Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Subscribe, curious about appextractor too. MY Google password is randomly generated so it takes me 10mins to enter the damn thing and I usually screw up and have to start over.

Tags: