• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM10 progress Update Thread

If you use a secondary calling app like Viber, it wont work. But if you dont then this wont be an issue, then there are some minor issue's like the button lighting not working unless you change brightness and it'll work until you lock your phone again then you have to re-do it. Mostly all of the bugs are listed here.

Are there any secondary caling apps that will work? I don't have a data plan & use Mo+/Talkatone so by flashing this i wouldn't be able to make calls correct, or has this been fixed? I am itching to get a non-stock ROM on this phone as there was only 1 for my last phone which is the whole reason I got a different one. Thanks

Upvote 0
Are there any secondary caling apps that will work? I don't have a data plan & use Mo+/Talkatone so by flashing this i wouldn't be able to make calls correct, or has this been fixed? I am itching to get a non-stock ROM on this phone as there was only 1 for my last phone which is the whole reason I got a different one. Thanks

I know that viber doesn't work and neither does rebtel (I think that was the name) and a few other don't work because the path that some of those apps use to access your mic gets "changed" or the app thinks it has changed so it tries to use a different path and makes a false-positive connection with the microphone used on your phone so it doesn't pick up your voice at all. As for text plus I honestly don't know, I had this ROM for a day or two then my fiance pretty much begged me to switch back so we could talk again. So here I am on one of dadcups roms. Hope this helped in anyway lol

Upvote 0
this phone has been my daily driver for about 3 to 4 weeks in up until yesterday I had no bugs that bothered me so much to change it really still I don't however yesterday on a long bus trip across state from Springfield to Worcester my 4G stopped switching over in Springfield we don't have 4G yet and in Worcester we do usually every weekend that I take this trip but I hit Worcester area the phone automatically switches to 4G even using this custom ROM but this weekend it didn't so I downloaded an app from the Play Store that toggles 4G and used it and so far it has been working OK just going back and forth and I've had to manually switch it a couple times I hope that I found a fix for the problem but I'm not sure yet it could also be the Battery Doctor app that I just downloaded but when I check the settings in the app nothing that would seem to affect that was enabled if any one of you have had the same problem or no what I can do to permanently fix it please let me know asap thank you all in advance and sorry for the run on short story lol

Upvote 0
This has been completely dead lately huh.......everyday I come and check hoping to see a link that says FINISHED......lol I know its hard though especially seeing how this was basically built from the ground up, it is great as is and much appreciated fellas, but I guess I was just wondering if there is any work still actively going on with this or any other custom ROMs for the avid?

Reactions: socal6107
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones