• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM10 progress Update Thread

OK, so I'm one of those tweekers who is always ******* with his phone, thinking I know what the hell I'm doing. Suffices to say, I've managed at this point to turn not 1, but 2 zte n9100's into almost ******* paper weights. I'm running cm10 now, but get only shit 3g coverage. What I wanna do is a complete wipe/restore, and return them to their out of the box state. I know, I'm a jackass for not making a backup, but I would appreciate any help anyway. You guys are awesome by the way, and I appreciate y'alls hard work on all this.

Upvote 0
OK, so I'm one of those tweekers who is always ******* with his phone, thinking I know what the hell I'm doing. Suffices to say, I've managed at this point to turn not 1, but 2 zte n9100's into almost ******* paper weights. I'm running cm10 now, but get only shit 3g coverage. What I wanna do is a complete wipe/restore, and return them to their out of the box state. I know, I'm a jackass for not making a backup, but I would appreciate any help anyway. You guys are awesome by the way, and I appreciate y'alls hard work on all this.

Go to ZTE's website and go through the menus to find their update for the ZTE Avid. Flash that and you will be back to stock, no root.

Upvote 0
Hey, new to the forums but decided to try and mess with this one. I've had an Avid forever, and thanks to this guys mod, I'm much happier with it now. That said, I'm probably gonna mess around with the code in my free time just to see if there is anything I can fix, but note, I have FAR less experience with this than Totlth had when he began.

Besides that, I know what needs to be done is:
Include the gps and mms fixes (without breaking wifi, whatever that means)
Include deodex (I have an idea of what to do there)

Fix native video recorder (fails to create OMX encoder for metadata, not sure what file I need to edit)
Won't fully boot to charging animation when turned off and charged (for me at least, and I don't think it charges either in that state)
crashes loading storage settings (illegal arguement exception in subsettings.java)
crashes loading message settings from message app (null pointer exception in messagingpreferences java file)
soft button backlights

Not sure if there's more, but if anyone thinks of any, feel free to post them. Also, if any of the original editors see this, and tips would be most appreciated.

And finally, I'll say this again, this will be a pet project, balanced between work, getting into school (jesus), trying to get a new better job, and keeping my gf from getting to mad since I'm doing "nerd stuff". I wouldn't hold my breath on this.But I shall try. Peace and salutations

Upvote 0
Hey, new to the forums but decided to try and mess with this one. I've had an Avid forever, and thanks to this guys mod, I'm much happier with it now. That said, I'm probably gonna mess around with the code in my free time just to see if there is anything I can fix, but note, I have FAR less experience with this than Totlth had when he began.

Besides that, I know what needs to be done is:
Include the gps and mms fixes (without breaking wifi, whatever that means)
Include deodex (I have an idea of what to do there)

Fix native video recorder (fails to create OMX encoder for metadata, not sure what file I need to edit)
Won't fully boot to charging animation when turned off and charged (for me at least, and I don't think it charges either in that state)
crashes loading storage settings (illegal arguement exception in subsettings.java)
crashes loading message settings from message app (null pointer exception in messagingpreferences java file)
soft button backlights

Not sure if there's more, but if anyone thinks of any, feel free to post them. Also, if any of the original editors see this, and tips would be most appreciated.

And finally, I'll say this again, this will be a pet project, balanced between work, getting into school (jesus), trying to get a new better job, and keeping my gf from getting to mad since I'm doing "nerd stuff". I wouldn't hold my breath on this.But I shall try. Peace and salutations

What you trying to build cm11

Upvote 0
Originally I was gonna try and mess with the old one to get some experience but I downloaded the source files for cm11 too for afterwards. If you'd like I'd love to help you if I can. You'd probably have to hold my hand for the beginning tho.

I have weekends that when I work in this pm me your hangout address and we can work in weekends

Upvote 0
I have regained access to a linux box so I've resumed work on this project. I have been only working on cm10.1 and have some bug fixes. I am gonna start a new thread and post all info there and thats where I'll be troubleshooting problems, so please post there for Inquiries about CM10.1 for Avid 4G.

ATTN MOD: I will no longer be using this thread for future posts/troubleshooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones