1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM11S Software Update XNPH38R Oct 7 2014

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CafeKampuchia, Oct 7, 2014.

1. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

This is an update from 33R and not the full 38R ROM. Go to Settings > About phone > System updates to get it.

Changes:
    Source: OnePlus.net Forums | cm-11s-38r-ota-is-out.CM 11S 38R OTA is out!

If you are too impatient to wait for it to be distributed to your phone, you can download the zip from here and flash it via custom recovery:
    Thanks Android Police!

13onk, KOLIO and TheAtheistReverend like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ilianlipi1

ilianlipi1 Lurker

I have the 27 august 2014 nightly , can i just flash the ZIP from custom recovery mode ?

3. SAL8116

SAL8116 Android Enthusiast

Let's see what issues this update brings. Seems there are surprises in every update.

4. mrnyjet

mrnyjet Android Enthusiast

Just downloaded zip file of 38r update and flash installed, thanks to you for telling me how to do it. So far, screen is more responsive.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS ilianlipi1 ! :party:

At the risk of sounding over dramatic & speaking from previous experience w/another phone....................................................

NO NO NO NO NO!

This zip is NOT the entire ROM.

Note: You have to be on the XNPH33R build for this to work.

If you want to update,flash the back-up of the stock ROM, ensuring that you're on the XNPH33R build & then you should be ok to update.

CafeKampuchia likes this.
  6. mrnyjet

mrnyjet Android Enthusiast

I just flashed the full 38r zip file, downloaded from a link posted on the one plus one forum.

So far, much more responsive touchscreen and much easier logon to WiFi. If it also improves battery life, it is a winner!

CafeKampuchia and KOLIO like this.
  7. CafeKampuchia

I'm interested to see if it's better than the latest nightlies because these changes have been incorporated already. No matter what, I want any potential modem update and the latest CM11 apps (themes, camera, gallery). Then I may go back to nightlies.

KOLIO likes this.
  8. SAL8116

SAL8116 Android Enthusiast

Got the update last night and so far so good.

CafeKampuchia and KOLIO like this.
  9. CafeKampuchia

I've finally started evaluating this ROM from a clean install after full wipes. It's a great ROM, and will be on my 1+1 instead of CM11 nightlies for a while.

10. THE W

THE W Android Expert

downloaded 38R OTA. no issues and the torch gesture works properly now.

CafeKampuchia likes this.
  11. CafeKampuchia

confed and KOLIO like this.
  12. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

My opo fails every time it tries to update. I have stock recovery and am rooted. Everything else is stock.

Where is the update.zip stored after download? I'll try to manual flash via recovery.

13. CafeKampuchia

I'm not sure. It might be easiest to download the file from the link in the OP.

BTW, if you've deleted any stock apps the update will fail, even if the rest is all stock.

14. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

That failed as well.

That would be why. I deleted play books/movies/newsstand etc. Guess it is time to get a custom recovery running and flash the full ROM. Can you dirty flash the ROM?

15. CafeKampuchia

No, the installation script will wipe your device. It's not flashed in recovery, but bootloader mode.

I think there is an option in TWRP that prevents it from running the check and forces the flash, but I don't use TWRP so I can't tell you more. Try snooping in here to see what others have done:

New XNPH38R OTA update. | OnePlus One | XDA Forums

MacFett and KOLIO like this.

OnePlus One Forum

The OnePlus One release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews