• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1-CAF BETA

Thanks I added audio_policy.msm8226 to the device make file. Added board uses alsa audio to the msm8226-common board config. Qcom audio-caf was throwing a error for wanting to be in the legacy directory when it doesn't match board type so I just removed it all together to bypass it. Not sure if that's a problem.
What was the error? Did you add the proper stuff to your kernel for the CAF audio?
Start using bin paste or something and I'll see if I can help

Reactions: aurey2244
Upvote 0
What was the error? Did you add the proper stuff to your kernel for the CAF audio?
Start using bin paste or something and I'll see if I can help
Problem is I'm not getting a error at the moment. I'm building with pretty much the same audio-caf from cm. I just removed the legacy folder since it shouldn't be in it. Though do you have a build with audio.primary.msm8226.so for a cm12.1? Or generally LP

Upvote 0
866df91dab962743487b767ea02470a3.jpg

Yup

Upvote 0
Problem is I'm not getting a error at the moment. I'm building with pretty much the same audio-caf from cm. I just removed the legacy folder since it shouldn't be in it. Though do you have a build with audio.primary.msm8226.so for a cm12.1? Or generally LP

I don't know if this helps or if you have looked at these, but these should have working audio. I have no idea if it's what you want/need, just trying to help.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Never heard of it.

Not to be off topic but does anyone here know how to use viper4android on the stock rom? I try but never succeed in getting it to stay working when playing my music, any ideas or should I just get a custom rom? Really trying to stay on stock, and i did delete all the knox files but I don't know whats wrong.

Upvote 0
Not to be off topic but does anyone here know how to use viper4android on the stock rom? I try but never succeed in getting it to stay working when playing my music, any ideas or should I just get a custom rom? Really trying to stay on stock, and i did delete all the knox files but I don't know whats wrong.
I used it on stock but it doesn't work as well as it does on custom roms. It's mostly luck on touchwiz. If you haven't , there should be a setting in sounds in the phone's settings app where all "sound effects" go through viper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones