• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM13 beta (Marshmallow 4 Volt) Q/A

Erase whole thing. Long press? Short press I think. It's faster and I'm more used to it since I use Motorola phones a lot. Why did you put that same screenshot twice?
I was mentioning that long pressing on the home button will show recents by default. Don't know why the screenshot showed up twice for you. I uploaded it only once, so I don't know why that happened.

Upvote 0
Not able to screen cast, phone and TV see each other but not able to connect, was able on stock. I can cast from within kodi, TV show or movie just fine.
I'm still not able to video record, tried two other camera apps also. Will get logcat shortly and or just try another fresh flash.
This is on a clean install

Edit: part of log, this is starting log and then launching camera- selecting video record- start record- it makes starting tone and then stops right after- I hit start several times- these are just the errors that where recorded by catlog- this is just the bottom section of log as it was longer than I thought would be for the short time

http://pastebin.com/S5pB8kBU

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not able to screen cast, phone and TV see each other but not able to connect, was able on stock. I can cast from within kodi, TV show or movie just fine.
I'm still not able to video record, tried two other camera apps also. Will get logcat shortly and or just try another fresh flash.
This is on a clean install

Edit: part of log, this is starting log and then launching camera- selecting video record- start record- it makes starting tone and then stops right after- I hit start several times- these are just the errors that where recorded by catlog- this is just the bottom section of log as it was longer than I thought would be for the short time

http://pastebin.com/S5pB8kBU

Which build do you have installed? @whoshotjr2006's build from http://androidforums.com/threads/cyanogenmod-13-beta-1.1023879/ allows me to use the stock CM camera app to take video and pictures.

Reactions: gronhog
Upvote 0
Which build do you have installed? @whoshotjr2006's build from http://androidforums.com/threads/cyanogenmod-13-beta-1.1023879/ allows me to use the stock CM camera app to take video and pictures.

Just checked the zip file of what I have, it is x51 not x5 like in the cm13 post. Same upload dates, downloading the x5 one and another clean install tonight. It did kind of clean up the green tint sometimes, when I would go to panorama and back to regular camera. Thanks for helping me catch my mistake.

Reactions: ShapeShifter499
Upvote 0
Just checked the zip file of what I have, it is x51 not x5 like in the cm13 post. Same upload dates, downloading the x5 one and another clean install tonight. It did kind of clean up the green tint sometimes, when I would go to panorama and back to regular camera. Thanks for helping me catch my mistake.

Sorry about the confusion, the zip with x51 is not the newest. I hastily renamed it instead of removing it to make way for the better build with the same date.

Any build that has anything other than x5 from me is most likely a testing build with stuff broken that should be fixed. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Upvote 0
Sorry about the confusion, the zip with x51 is not the newest. I hastily renamed it instead of removing it to make way for the better build with the same date.

Any build that has anything other than x5 from me is most likely a testing build with stuff broken that should be fixed. Hope this clears up any confusion.
I tried a dirty flash before doing the clean install first. Recording and cast now work. If I didn't cause any more problems, at lest I have the right version now of I need to clean flash

Upvote 0
Is swap really enabled in kernel, apps2sd can see the swap partition on my sdcard, and shows when I turn it on. If it does work is it OK to run swap with the already existing Zram. Been having issues with screen turning back on when Google maps is open, assuming maps is hogging memory with all the stuff they have been adding to it. In kernel adiutor in cpu settings the min freq setting keeps jumping around does not stay at 300 is that normal for this kernel and or cm13.

Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0
I have a few questions after installing this rom:

1. The FM Tuner App Next Radio is complaining that it does not have access to my FM Tuner chip. Is there a solution for this? Next Radio worked on the stock OS from Virgin Mobile.
  2. SuperSU wants to update its binary but doing the "normal" installation option returns an error after about 15 seconds of trying. I selected the other option to use TWRP to do the binary update, but SuperSU never reboots my device and when I manually reboot to recovery, there is no ZIP file anywhere I can find to install the SU Binary. I looked around the cache folder and a few others on some suggestions from other forums but no luck.
Also I'm aware of the known issues with this installation: no vibration, no home-button light.

For the record, I have no green tint on my camera. I don't know if that has anything to do when I bought my device or possibly about having bought it from Virgin Mobile.

Everything else seems to be working as far as I've tested. I had an option in my Cellular network settings that caused the UI to crash when pressing on it, but now the option is no longer there... I don't know what caused this behavior and can't specifically remember what the option was called, sorry.

Also for the record, my boot time from start logo to home screen is approximately 38 seconds. Is that expected or normal?

Upvote 0
I have Virgin Mobile I have 3 issues first issue is the 4g/3g is not working I can't even get a icon I have tried all the suggestions on the other post regarding APN. 2nd issue is the light green tint on the rear camera the foward facing camera works just fine. 3rd problem but I believe it may be on Facebooks end is the latest update to Facebook messenger just crashes it won't even open. The previous version before it works perfectly I just have to remember to not update to that version. Other that this is a amazing build I know a lot of long hours and stress and work goes into building these builds then tweaking them to work perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix the lte/3g problem will be greatly appreciated. Am I flashing it wrong? I flash the ROM and install along with GAPPS then I flash the APN and chose my carrier then reboot system. I'm unable to keep twrp once I reboot and once I flash the twrp zip with I have to do a clean install of everything again other wise it will stay in a bootloop with twrp any help with that also?

Upvote 0
I have Virgin Mobile I have 3 issues first issue is the 4g/3g is not working I can't even get a icon I have tried all the suggestions on the other post regarding APN. 2nd issue is the light green tint on the rear camera the foward facing camera works just fine. 3rd problem but I believe it may be on Facebooks end is the latest update to Facebook messenger just crashes it won't even open. The previous version before it works perfectly I just have to remember to not update to that version. Other that this is a amazing build I know a lot of long hours and stress and work goes into building these builds then tweaking them to work perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix the lte/3g problem will be greatly appreciated. Am I flashing it wrong? I flash the ROM and install along with GAPPS then I flash the APN and chose my carrier then reboot system. I'm unable to keep twrp once I reboot and once I flash the twrp zip with I have to do a clean install of everything again other wise it will stay in a bootloop with twrp any help with that also?

Why can't you keep twrp???? And why or when is twrp bootlooping?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones