• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi all I am hoping that I can get an answer please. I have a Samsung g870a S5 Active I really need to put a custom rom on the phone and get rid of the AT&T software. I want to use the cm13 klite version for the S5 but I need to know if it works. so I do not brick the phone. From what I can tell there is no reason it should not, has anyone tried on this model and can tell me it works of if the stable cm 12.1 will work PLEASE PLEASE. phone is rooted and ready for whatever you all can sugest.

Afraid it won't work. AT&T locks the bootloader on the S5 Active and most all their Samsung phones from the S4 up. CM is AOSP and at the most you could maybe flash a Touchwiz based ROM with Flashfire or Safestrap using a ROM slot.
I have one that I experiment on that I have flashed the 5.0 deodexed stock, installed Xposed and a few modules, trimmed some of the bloat but not much else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones