• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM4DX Gps Fix

yawdapaah

Android Expert
Aug 20, 2009
NJ
Can someone the following fix for GPS on CM4DX?

Pull gps.shadow.so from any .596 Rom and overwrite the version in /system/lib/hw

GPS seems to work fine with the replaced .so file. I've attached it just in case you guys don't have a Rom to pull from.

Here's the file for those that like to do stuff themselves - gps.shadow.so
Don't forget to change the permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot (Thanks for the reminder Kev)

Update:
Here's a flashable zip file for those who are as lazy as I am - CMod7 Gps Fix. Please mount system before installing.

GL

Note: It seems like the location service problems are a know issue the recent Cmod builds. If so, I'm confident it'll be taken care of by the time the build goes "stable".

Can someone the following fix for GPS on CM4DX?

Pull gps.shadow.so from any .596 Rom and overwrite the version in /system/lib/hw

GPS seems to work fine with the replaced .so file. I've attached it just in case you guys don't have a Rom to pull from.

gps.shadow.so

Don't forget to change the permissions to rw-r--r--
You'll also need to reboot your phone (hold down power, Reeboot, Reeboot). Thanks for the reminder Kev

GL

Edit: Location services still seems broken.

Fantastic, thank you so much! I cross linked to this thread from RootzWiki, hope you don't mind. :D

Upvote 0
Ok I don't get it tried it in file manager and can't change permissions, I am new at things please help.

1. Download Yaffs file manager from the market.
2. Navigate to /system/lib/hw
3. Long press gps.shadow.so
4. Select Permissions (you'll have to grant root access)
5. Select the check the first three boxes on the first row.
6. Check the left most box on the second row.
7. Uncheck every other box.
8. Reboot phone.

GL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones