1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM6/CM7 questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ninjakyle, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ninjakyle

ninjakyle Well-Known Member

Running CM6

1. can I upgrade to CM7 without wiping? Don't want to loose all my settings.

2. should I just wait for a finished CM7 or upgrade now?

3. Is there a way to get flickr on CM without just website? Sense had it built in so I could click a picture and post it to flickr.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Medion

Medion Android Expert

1. You might be able to, but I wouldn't recommend it. Not all of the settings are the same. Give it a try, but make a backup first, and be prepared to do a full wipe if needed.

2. I'd wait at least for RC1 at this point, with the understanding that some of your current features will be missing (IE, 720p camera support).

3. No idea, I don't use Flickr.

3. Taylored

Taylored Android Enthusiast

I would not recommend flashing CM7 over CM6. They are not at all the same.

also agree with Medion, just wait for CM7 RC1. it should hit in the next 12 hours.

4. ninjakyle

Sounds like RC1 isn't very stable yet. I think I will stick with CM6 for now.

5. Medion

Medion Android Expert

It is, they just goofed and forgot one file. It's been pulled and should be re-uploaded "soon." There was a workaround, and for those using it, the ROM is great.

6. ninjakyle

Will it show up in Rom Manager?
    (there it is - now it is there)

7. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Guest

I've been using CM7 since the second week of January. Even the nightlies are really stable and awesome. Can't go back to any ROMs that aren't gingerbread!

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews