1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM6 or CM7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Demoquin, May 16, 2011.

1. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

After hearing that i can increase speed and what not, which do you prefer? Pros / Cons?

Running Metro (Tapout)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

best advice to you is, try them both and decide which is better, but i like cm7 better btw...:D

3. MoneyHoarder87

MoneyHoarder87 Android Enthusiast

I concur, trying both is the only way you will know for sure. I loved the CM6 rom for a while, but after a few updates, I have moved up to CM7.

4. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

CM7!!!! It's so smurfing awesome. Just think about it, Gingerbread was NEVER meant for the Ascend right? So suddenly you've got it...It's overclocked, It's beautiful to look at. You've also got a few themes, So you want a different style/color? Easy! Also, You've got an easy way to control the overclock/underclock right through the CyanogenMod settings. I tried Cm6, I was on it for all of a day. Then I'd moved on to Cm7. It's really really nice...
    (Oh lord, Excuse me for sounding like a commercial LOL)

5. MoneyHoarder87

And if you call in the next 10 minutes rain with throw in a new car. While supplies last. LOL

6. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

7. MoneyHoarder87

Just get rom manger off the market and install clockwork recovery from within it.

8. nuttmeg

9. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

i dont think i saw anything about rom manager on his site. sighs. Thank you

10. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

Ok i have Rom Manager.

Anyone willing to give me a step by step what to do with it? I guess i have the files i need on comp. I am rooted.

11. nuttmeg

open rom manager/tap Flashe ClockworkMod recovery, scroll down and tap huawei Ascend, and it will install.

12. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

Meet September, the worlds first ROM groupie! ;) I hope Issac shares his pony with you lol. :p

13. septembersrain

Nah man. I'll just watch him get drunk and ride out into the sunset sans Ascend. :p

Oh and *Isaac. LOL.

Gmash likes this.
  14. Demoquin

Demoquin Newbie

After a day of using this ... i cant say that i notice a big difference in speed. In fact, i think it runs a bit slower at times. I have the CPU at 320/710. Not sure if there was anything else i had to do to it.

15. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

reboot it a few times. If you still dont see a difference you must not use you phone all that much lol

16. isaacj87

isaacj87 Android Expert

I wish...

Me and my pony...One day we'll be together...

17. septembersrain

Like me for example? LOL.

18. joenathan

joenathan Lurker

CM6 cost $6 and CM7 cost $7, only difference... THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

19. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

umm you are so wrong and dont know what you are talking about.

20. nuttmeg

where did you get that from? but if so did you pay your fee to isaac yet? :p

21. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

kewl, I dug some quarters out of my couch and I'm gonna be the first to get cm8 lol.