1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CM6 RC3 is available through rom manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bowtieduece, Aug 15, 2010.

?

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Try chevy ulv 1.1. It works great. (Only kernel I tried).

Advertisement

2. vipergtx500

vipergtx500 Lurker

chevy ulv 1.25 working great for me

3. macktns

macktns Member

every time i try to open cyanogenMod settings, the settings app crashes... is there a way to fix this without trying to flash it again?

4. ^^ I flashed from rc2 without wipe and don't seem to have that problem...
    so I don't have any advice for you sorry

5. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

i switched over to this rom and the vibrate for text is weird like how do I fix the vibrate settings ...

6. jackburnt

jackburnt Android Enthusiast

I'll give this a shot. I had LP lagging horribly with CMr2. Hopefully it's better with this release.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga

8. yag219

yag219 Lurker

I have the same thing, I did not wipe coming from BB .4 assuming that is the issue, otherwise all good, besides I find this rom on any kernal gets extremly hot, cant figure out why.

9. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

Lockscreen music controls aren't working. They worked once but not anymore. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

10. jackburnt

Very sluggish at stock. Guess I'll try Chevy's 1.2ghz. However, with Liquid, it was fast at 800mhz.

11. jackburnt

Boot loop installing Chevy. Restored back to Liquid's.

12. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Android Enthusiast

I tried these out as well and they worked for me. But I only tested it once because I have no use for them since CM has volume rocker music controls with the screen off so I can use it while driving.

13. ShuttleXpC

ShuttleXpC Newbie

I tried this before I switched to Liquid's ROM. FRG22 is just noticeably faster stock, I don't overclock and you can notice the speed difference in the two, heck even the boot times are way faster. Still rated this 4* though, because of all the customization options and cool features.

14. usawrestling

usawrestling Newbie

This is going to sound like a total n00b question, but what are all the chevy mentions I hear about? How do I install them on top of cyanogen?

Thanks!

15. Two things:

1) Adblock doesn't work. It worked on RC2, but for some reason I am seeing ads on this rom.

2) When typing in a URL in stock browser using onscreen keyboard in landscape mode, the screen glitches- making it impossible to type anything. This was a problem on RC2 that I assumed would be fixed on RC3... but alas...

In all though I love all the features of this rom. I will try bb 0.5, however I'm not looking forward to it as much as before.

They are referring to kernels, which control the speed of the cpu.
    Link: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/98988-froyo-kernels.html

Install them like a rom. Download one from the link above (I use chevy 1.1 ultra-low volt[ulv]). Go to rom manager, hit "install rom from sd", find the .zip, leave both options (clear cache & backup rom) unchecked. Your droid will reboot into recovery and install the new kernel. Hit the option to reboot once its finished.

Once your droid starts up download setcpu or overclock widget. I use overclock widget (it's free). Add OCW to your home screen then hit advanced. Press "detect frequencies" after that set the max and min speeds you want the cpu to operate at. For screen off I have mine a 250 mhz min and max to save battery. For screen on I have 550 min and 1100 max for speed. OCing your droid makes a noticeable difference when multitasking, browsing the web with multiple tabs, and gaming.

usawrestling likes this.
  16. emdmao

emdmao Android Enthusiast

Just loaded it up now. Sick bootanimation

17. usawrestling

usawrestling Newbie

Thank you so much! Copied your settings and my droid is running as fast as a crack head!!!

18. crowell392

crowell392 Newbie

love the rom ,but earlier today i was looking thru everything and saw a EQ , now i cant find it ,who knows where it is located

19. One problem: While editing the event of my google calendar, it doesn't allow me to specify which calendar it belongs to. This feature is available in the old version, and it's important.

20. emdmao

emdmao Android Enthusiast

Here are some new kernels to try. Not sure if they are CM specific. Running really well on RC3

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

new governor setting called "interactive" not entirely sure what it does differently. will report back later!

21. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

edit: lockscreen music controls don't work. again. :thinking::mad:

22. I cannot block ads on this rom. It's extremely annoying.

23. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

+1. What's the deal? :thinking: