1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM6?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pleckers87, Aug 12, 2012.

1. pleckers87

pleckers87 Newbie

Since froyo Roms are currently the only ones with working HDMI and no camera issues, is it possible to build cm6 for the MT? We would have the customizing we love from CM and have a stable running rom with all working features.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. g60madman

g60madman Guest

CM9/CM10 both have hdmi support enabled in the source code. And also the first CM Roms to offer hdmi. There is no reason to go backwards when all the devs are helping us move forward. Give it some time and you will see. Its just going to take time and will get there.

WooBangrr likes this.
  3. pleckers87

pleckers87 Newbie

I'm thinking in terms of those who can't live without those features immediately. I'm running the cm7r2 rom and love it. I'm one who can live without the said features listed above. I've actually never tried to use the HDMI output (stock rom).

Also, keep up the amazing work devs. You are the reason I deal with aweful service ...I love the roms!

g60madman likes this.
  4. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

To add HDMI into the cm6 source would be as annoying or more than adding it to the cm7 source!

5. pleckers87

pleckers87 Newbie

If that's the case, than forget cm6. On with cm9/10!!

I underestimate what is involved with developing roms.

6. buzzcon

buzzcon Android Enthusiast

There are a few custom Froyo ROMs with working HDMI available, just use a launcher of your choice to do some tweaking (I personally like ADW Launcher Ex). FYI, I tried the HDMI on my 37 Visio, and while it was nice for viewing pictures, I tried to watch video I have on my phone and the quality sucks. Nowhere near HD and the video on my phone is in 720.

7. rcsrich

rcsrich Android Expert

I agree- my experience with HDMI back on the stock ROM is that it's fine for looking at your pics & videos you have recorded, but most of the streaming video I tried looked pretty pixelated. Maybe with HD Youtube it would be better, but with Netflix & streaming from other sources off the web, it was pretty low quality. With that being said, I have seen demos on Youtube of people playing games via the HDMI & those look pretty good, so maybe just something I'm doing wrong.

8. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

Yeah it's easy to do and then you look at code and its a miracle cm7 works as good as it does! Lol

9. pleckers87

pleckers87 Newbie

I can only imagine.

Although I'd like to get into dev work but internet and schooling is necessary before I wanna see cm7 code.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews