1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM7.0.3 Kernel and Baseband

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by below_radar_00, May 17, 2011.

1. below_radar_00

below_radar_00 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for. I've done a ton of ROM swapping and kernel swapping and radio swapping and I just want to make sure I have everything set right.

Right now I'm on CM7.0.3 and I'll probably be here for a long time. I guess when you download CM7 from Rom Manager it flashes a kernel for you because my kernel says this: 2.6.37.4-cyanogenmod+slayher@homebrewed #27
    Is that what my kernel should be? I just want the standard kernel, no overclock or undervolt stuff.

My baseband says this: 2.15.00.09.01. Is that what it should be?

Thanks for the help everyone!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nbladen

nbladen Newbie

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the baseband is what version of radio you have. You have the 09/01 release. I've been running the 04/08 radio and I've noticed a little pickup in battery life and haven't decided about call quality, but it seems better...could be placebo though haha. Those are installed in Hboot, so I don't think just flashing CM would change the baseband. The kernel version you reported is the stock kernel that comes with CM and it is correct.

3. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

What is currently considered the best kernel if you want good trackpad sensitivity? I'd like to be able to change LauncherPro homescreens with the trackpad, but it's incredibly unresponsive with the kernel that comes with CM7.0.3. A month or so ago, I know people were recommending Incredikernel_new_RC1 for this - is that still the best choice for this purpose? I'm hoping to avoid the battery life problems that I experienced last time I tried CM7.

4. qwerty1

qwerty1 Newbie

Incredikernal is a good one...keep it on smartass and you should get good batt life and performance.

wayrad likes this.
  5. JSS12

JSS12 Android Enthusiast

I have Chad's Incredikernal 2.6.37.6

How do I make sure I'm on "smartass"?

6. qwerty1

qwerty1 Newbie

Inside the cm settings there is an option to set it. Its a waste of space but you can do it via the app setcpu. You really don't need that app but if you can't find the setting in the cm settings part of the phone, its another way of accessing the kernel.

wayrad likes this.
  7. JSS12

JSS12 Android Enthusiast

What is the difference between INTERACTIVE vs CONSERVATIVE vs PERFORMANCE vs SMARTASS?

can someone list what each of these mean and what the pros and cons are of each so that I can make sure to choose the one that is best for me (and others)

Thanks!

8. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

I didn't understand qwerty1's post at first, but I found this: [Q] SetCPU governors (explained) - xda-developers

I guess the bit about using "performance" mode for stable benchmarking explains why my quadrant scores have been all over the barn!

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews