• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 05212011 Mobile phone screen is closed, the alarm will not ring.

Are you using the clock app that came with CM7? Just asking because I just tested 0521 with it and it works fine with screen off/locked both on the charger and not.. Possibly something is conflicting.. I believe I had an issue like this when I had SetCPU set too low while screen off.. The time wouldnt really update until I turned the screen back on. For example it would be 11:20, but when I turned on the screen it would say 10:30 at first then jump to the correct time.. What governor are you using?

Upvote 0
Are you using the clock app that came with CM7? Just asking because I just tested 0521 with it and it works fine with screen off/locked both on the charger and not.. Possibly something is conflicting.. I believe I had an issue like this when I had SetCPU set too low while screen off.. The time wouldnt really update until I turned the screen back on. For example it would be 11:20, but when I turned on the screen it would say 10:30 at first then jump to the correct time.. What governor are you using?

Yes, i'm using default clock app from CM7 on 0521.

This is really what happens to me "The time update until i really wouldnt Turn the screen back on"

I'm using ONDEMAND governor.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Alarm clock from walmart will do the trick!!!:D

Walmart is Evil! :)

I had the same problem, I use my alarm for a lot of things not just waking up for work in the morning. I think I have 8 different alarms set at various times of the day, lol.

Anyways, Android Market. App called Wake Lock. Lets you set you phone so that the CPU is still awake (so your alarm will work), but the screen sleeps, and the Keyboard locks like norm.

Upvote 0

I had the same problem, I use my alarm for a lot of things not just waking up for work in the morning. I think I have 8 different alarms set at various times of the day, lol.

Anyways, Android Market. App called Wake Lock. Lets you set you phone so that the CPU is still awake (so your alarm will work), but the screen sleeps, and the Keyboard locks like norm.

walmart...lol +1 for that post...

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

And how is the battery life with that app?

Upvote 0
And how is the battery life with that app?

I'm not sure. My phone is almost always on at work as an ebook reader, or I"m surfing the web on it. It lasted about 8 hrs of continual use before I installed the app, and about the same after.

I did run into a lot of Force Close issues, due to it conflicting with the power management settings. So I uninstalled it, and set my power management to Performance Mode, instead of On Demand.

Same results, with the alarm clock. Seems to be working in Preformance mode, but not in On Demand.

Makes me kinda think if you raised the Min CPU setting up a few notches it, the alarms might just work fine in On Demand mode too. Haven't had much time to play with it today though. Had to watch me some UFC! lol. I'll test it, and play with the power management over the next few days and get back.:D

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I'm not sure. My phone is almost always on at work as an ebook reader, or I"m surfing the web on it. It lasted about 8 hrs of continual use before I installed the app, and about the same after.

I did run into a lot of Force Close issues, due to it conflicting with the power management settings. So I uninstalled it, and set my power management to Performance Mode, instead of On Demand.

Same results, with the alarm clock. Seems to be working in Preformance mode, but not in On Demand.

Makes me kinda think if you raised the Min CPU setting up a few notches it, the alarms might just work fine in On Demand mode too. Haven't had much time to play with it today though. Had to watch me some UFC! lol. I'll test it, and play with the power management over the next few days and get back.:D

You might also want to try out the SMARTASS mode. Info on this is in the PPA CM7 WIKI page.Off screen is set @ 345 in this mode, might be enough for what you're trying to accomplish.

Reactions: Mferrill
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones