1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root cm7 0n sd, stock on emmc, cwr issues / questions..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by burke91, Jan 4, 2012.

1. burke91

burke91 Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    Hey all -
    some quick info:

i am running stock (1.4.1) on emmc and cm 7.2.0-RC0-encore-KANG on a class 4, 16gb sandisk card. rom and gapps loaded thru the verygreen size-agnostic sd card installer method.

Everything looks great. I can load into cm7 or stock thru the encore u-boot menu (holding the n button after power up). In CM all runs great except Rom Manager. When I select to do a backup (i want to do a backup of the cm7) it shuts down then loads to the penguin screen but then shuts down again. no backup performed.

if i try to get into cwr via the u-boot menu (boot device sd, recovery boot), i again get to the penguin screen then a shut down.

if i choose boot device emmc & recovery i then get into the clockwork mod screen (3.2.0.1).

choosing to do a back up at this point backs up something (i think the stock rom) and puts it on the first of 4 partitions (as seen thru easus partition master) basically fill up all the partition.

questions are: how do i backup my cm7 rom on the sd card and can a specify a location for the backup??

also how do a get a better grip on the partitions on the sd card. for example

loaded with cm7 i see:

sdcard 13.31 / 13.27 GB
    internal 930mb / 669 mb
    additional 1gb / 1gb

loaded from stock i see:

bn content storage 4.45/4.90 gb
    other storage 1 gb / 1 gb
    sd card 110 mb / 116 mb

using easus part master i see:

H:boot fat32 116 mb
    *: 463 mb
    *: 964 mb
    *:cm7 fat32 13.32 gb

it seems that while i am loaded to stock, i can only access the first partition on the sd card, anyway to deal with this while not messing up the cm7

maybe if i root the stock, i could then access other parts of the emmc. finally does the "cm7 additional 1gb" correspond to the "b&n other storage 1 gb" and where is this located??

thanks..
    db

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I'd install Rom Manager, tap the first button to flash CWM, pick Nook Color. Tap the second button to boot into recovery, make your backup. Manage backups from RM.

3. burke91

burke91 Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    rom manager is installed on the cm7 sd rom - doesn't work when i request a backup. boots to the penguin screen and just shuts down.

do you mean to install rom manager to the emmc run stock?? thus i would need to root the stock??

i am familiar with rom manager operation (i have used it on my droid inc. for a while). it just seems i am confused with using rom manager to back up the sd installed cm7 vs. emmc installed stock rom..

the partitioning and access issues are a pain as well..

d

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Sorry, I missed this part: "running stock (1.4.1) on emmc"

You are correct, RM doesn't work when run off the sdcard. I don't know what, if anything, does work tho (like booting to recovery from RM?)