1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cm7 1.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bjanow, Jun 11, 2011.

1. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

Flashed 7.1.1 today along with the 2.11.605.3 radio. All is well here minus the fact that my speed test was a little slower than the 1.70.605.0 radio, but i can't complain. 4g is flying, hopefully battery life is decent as well. I am tired of taking my extra battery/charger to the computer lab with me at night while doing work.

Advertisement

2. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

Battery (not calibrated) is phenomenal on 7.1.1 with imo 3.7.1. I an only losing maybe 1% per hour on standby. I screwed up my calibration (plugged it in on brain autopilot), so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

3. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I second this, as I already said above. I had a feeling this kernel was legit because when I asked Imoseyon to make 3.5.8 compatible with 1.8/1.1 he told me "no need, just try 3.7.1" :)

trapperjohn and Thats like this.
  4. turbonegro32

turbonegro32 Well-Known Member

link to the newest radio?

5. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

turbonegro32 likes this.
  6. turbonegro32

turbonegro32 Well-Known Member

7. WBMc36

this confuses me as well. I was running what i thought was MR2 for awhile, but is 2.75 according to that thread. Now i am running the possible OTA, but may switch back.

8. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

It's confusing because not everyone has been calling the radios the same thing. Go by the list in that thread I linked. They're all correct

WBMc36 likes this.
  9. WBMc36

CM7 technically only supports MR2/2.5 radios, is that correct? Or at least that is what it states in the thread on rootz.

10. jivens716

jivens716 Well-Known Member

Nope, any GB radio with work...I'm using the 4th Gb radio and it works like a charm

11. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

He put that there because for a while he was supporting both the mr1 and mr2/mr2.5. Obviously he no longer supports mr1, think he just forgot to remove the mr2/mr2.5 label

12. WBMc36

that makes sense now. Obviously the new GB radio works as i am using it now, and i haven't had any problems yet. I think it works better than the mr2.75 radio i was using before. Battery life is good with it as well so i can't complain. We will see how it works out in the basement computer labs where service is hard to get sometimes.

13. asianrage

asianrage Well-Known Member

Been using CM7.1.1 since Thursday with Imo's 3.7.1 (Setting #2 on SmartAssV2) and it's as smooth as I can expect it to be. I won't know about battery time until the end of today, but outlook is positive.

14. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I see that this version fixes the mms problem, I am using gosms and did not experience a problem with mms?
    I looked at the list of fixes slayher posted and most are the same as 7.1.0?
    So my question is has anything else been fixed or changed in 7.1.1 besides mms?

Thanks,
    Bryan

15. Automatik

Automatik Newbie

So I just flashed CM7 1.1 and I noticed that everything seems so big...like the resolution is really low. Any way to change this? It looks nice but I would like something with more screen real estate.

16. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Change your screen density. I think there may be a root tools app out there to allow you to do so. I just edit my build.prop using root explorer and text editor.

Navigate to /system/
    mount R/W
    long press on build.prop
    choose open in text editor
    scroll down until you see "ro.sf.lcd_density=240"
    Change the 240 to something lower I prefer 185 but you should try maybe 210 before dropping to 185.
    Once you change that then you press back and save it then reboot

17. tythunder

tythunder Well-Known Member

Couldn't he also try changing the number of rows and columns in adw? Just a thought. Maybe 5x5

18. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I don't use a launcher that allows me to change my grid size, I can't stand the screen at 240 because not just things on the home screen are too big but text within apps seem to large as well.

19. Automatik

Automatik Newbie

What do you use to mount the build.prop file I tried getting a terminal emulator and navigating to /system/ and doing a chmod 764 build.prop This gave me: chmod: build.prop: Read-only file system

20. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I use root explorer to edit the build.prop, it is a text file. I am not sure how to do it within terminal. The command you would be looking for is SU to give superuser access to terminal.

21. Automatik

Automatik Newbie

So I successfully flashed:
    -CM7 1.1
    -5th GB (OTA?) 2.11.605.3 1.48.00.0906w 0.01.78.0906w_2 Radio
    -Imoseyon leanKernal v3.7.1

Here are some issues I am having:

1. I can't download certain apps from the Market. Google Maps and YouTube show the following message when i access them in Market:Your device is not compatible with this item. I did change my ro.sf.lcd_density to 185 and 200 and stock 230, same issue with all three. Not sure if this is why I can't download the apps?

2. I've noticed that my 4G speed is significantly slower than it was when I was stock. I used to consistently be between 18000kbps and 240000kbps...now I am lucky If I can reach 12000kbps. Additionally, when I check my battery status to see what has been using battery...I notice that cell standby is the highest with ~50% and display is 2nd with 26%. In my two years of using android devices I have never seen anything surpass display as the source of battery usage. In this case. the display has been on almost the entire time since I was configuring the new rom, etc. And yes, I have had good strong signal the whole time and 0% of time without a signal. Something strange is definitely going on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

22. Yellow Snowman

Yellow Snowman Android Enthusiast

What do you guys think the best kernel for this ROM is for battery life? and do you have a link?

I currently have Imoseyon lean kernel 3.5.8 and 3.6 downloaded if one of those is the best.

23. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

IMO's 3.7.1 has been good to me. I don't think the older imo kernels are working with this rom anymore for some reason or another.

Yellow Snowman likes this.
  24. Yellow Snowman

Yellow Snowman Android Enthusiast

Thanks,I will try 3.7.1 then. I've always done normal, but have you tried or recommend trying the extreme setting? Trying to squeeze a little more juice out of my battery, but dont want my phone acting crazy either.

25. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I always do the extreme setting. Most phones can handle it fine from what I can tell, if yours can't it will lock up on you then you will need to pull the battery, reboot, and change the setting right away.

Yellow Snowman likes this.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews