• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cm7 1.1

downloaded both :D think ill save the flashing fun for later this evenin. ill go ahead and give OMFGB one more day before goin back to cm7 for awhile.

i have been having such good luck with the mr1 radio on both cm7 and omfgb i think im going to stick with that. if i get a hair up my ass to try one of the other GB roms and chagne the radio for that,then ill give the mr2 version a shot :)

this is what i get for fallin asleep early last night,lol

Upvote 0
Just tried Installing a few minutes ago, got stuck in Bootloop. I wiped all three of the usual things you clear. And did the install zip of the OP's DL, and stuck in bootloop.

What gives? What am I not doing right?

You have a TB right? I see in your "bio" it's filled with Moto crap, I mean phones so just want to double check.

If you do have a TB, did you check the MD5 sum of your d/l? How big was your d/l? Mine was about 90mb (MR1 version) Might want to try a fresh d/l and install

Upvote 0
You have a TB right? I see in your "bio" it's filled with Moto crap, I mean phones so just want to double check.

If you do have a TB, did you check the MD5 sum of your d/l? How big was your d/l? Mine was about 90mb (MR1 version) Might want to try a fresh d/l and install

Nah, I like to DL TB ROMs on my Droid X and post about them not working. :rolleyes:

Yes I have a TB, just don't update my sig much.

I actually DL'd the older one in the very first post, just to see if it worked with my stock radio. It got stuck in a Boot Loop, so I restored my older ROM, and now I don't get 4G or even 3G.. I am stuck on 1X.. My baseband is 1.16.00.0223r

I tired toggling on and off from CDMA to LTE in the hidden menu, but it still wont go to 4G/3G...

What do I do now?

Edit: Also, I am not too familiar with TB or Phone slang for that matter. What does the MRX.X mean anyways??? Is it just a radio version??

Upvote 0
If you are still trying rom manager, I'd say verify md5 as worm suggested,then boot to recovery and manually wipe/flash the rom and gapps there. I'd dry the mr1 download and use your current radio.

Rom Manager isn't working for me, I am manually DLing these files. But, I just installed the lastest one, but I Installed the MR2 :/ FML.

I cant even connect to a network, and it doesn't even see a baseband.. Says Baseband - Unknown.

Is that because I installed the wrong one?

Upvote 0
Anyone notice this???

2e5jgud.png

What's the deal with that blue line (Seinfield voice)

edit: it's because I lowered my screen density. Guess I'm going to have to deal with the line because I hate the way my phone looks with stock density :(

edit 2: after speaking with Slayher we discovered it's the theme "minimal arrows" that was causing this. I've tried numerous other themes at 205 density and no blue line exists

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Rom Manager isn't working for me, I am manually DLing these files. But, I just installed the lastest one, but I Installed the MR2 :/ FML.

I cant even connect to a network, and it doesn't even see a baseband.. Says Baseband - Unknown.

You only flashed one radio. See the "mr2 on stock rooted rom" thread.

Upvote 0
Been running 1.1 all afternoon. It's very stable (LP+ FC's after every boot still) and the battery life seems much, much improved. I'm running the MR1 version, it has done me solid on all the other builds and if it's good enough for Slayher it's good enough for me.

If anyone uses auto brightness you're going to need to adjust the settings manually as it defaults to a very dark setting. This was posted on rootzwiki, but for those that don't hang out over there here it is. After changing all the settings shown in the blog I bumped up all the screen levels by another 20 and it's working like it should. Just make sure you don't exceed 255 as that's the highest the TB can go

Reactions: Ibrick and scotty85
Upvote 0

i think i misread this earlier... i thot you meant you had flashed the mr2 radio. but now it looks like you flashed the rom that is intended to be used with the mr2 radio. if this is the case,and youve never flashed new radios in hboot,then yes,you flashed the wrong one. :p flash the one for mr1 radios.

however,if you did try and install radios thru hboot,then likely you grabbed them from the "thunderbolt radios thread" where the lte and cdma radios are listed as seperate downloads. youll have to download and flash the second radio to match the first one you chose,and flash it in hboot as well.

hopefully one of those 2 situations will fix you up :)

Upvote 0
Edit: Also, I am not too familiar with TB or Phone slang for that matter. What does the MRX.X mean anyways??? Is it just a radio version??

mr1=1st ota
mr2=2nd ota(hasnt happened yet)
mr2.5 radio is a newer leaked radio. i assume the .5 was added just to distinguish it from the mr2 radio... "mr2.5" is not a term used by verizon or htc :D

see this post for more info(this is what i was refering to above): http://androidforums.com/thunderbol...4-mr2-radio-stock-rooted-rom.html#post2892225

but i was driving and couldnt type timely responses or copy and paste links

Upvote 0
Ok so, I have Flashed both the MR1 CM7 and the MR1 Radio (the .0223r one). I am still getting TERRIBLE if at all any Data Connection, I have bars.. just no 1x, 3G or 4G.

I really don't know what is going on here, but I just DL'd a Radio form the 'The Obligatory TB Radio thread'

I DL'd the very top one, and just the one link (on top) are you saying I need to DL both of them? Cause I thought the link below the top one was just a mirror.

Upvote 0
I DL'd the very top one, and just the one link (on top) are you saying I need to DL both of them? Cause I thought the link below the top one was just a mirror.

no. if you used the obligatory radio thread,you only need 1 download they are packeged together for you(as you said the bottom is a mirror). what is your baseband now? it should end in 402 if you used the top download.

to fix your data try turnig on airplane mode for a few seconds... then turn it off... give it a couple minutes and see if you get a 3g signal back.(you are in a place where you normally get data,correct)?

last and not least,did you also flash gapps after you flashed mr1 cm7?

Upvote 0
glad to hear its working now :) if you ever lose 3g,toggle airplane mode on/off. if you lose 4g,go to settings/wireless and networks/mobile networks/network mode(or download the LTE switch app :)) and change the network mode back to CDMA/EvDo auto and wait till you get a green 3g. then switch back to CDMA +LTE/EvDo auto. this lil trick usually get 4g back :)

Upvote 0
glad to hear its working now :) if you ever lose 3g,toggle airplane mode on/off. if you lose 4g,go to settings/wireless and networks/mobile networks/network mode(or download the LTE switch app :)) and change the network mode back to CDMA/EvDo auto and wait till you get a green 3g. then switch back to CDMA +LTE/EvDo auto. this lil trick usually get 4g back :)

Yeah me to! lol Thanks!

Ahh nice, yeah what does it mean when people say go into that menu and then "run fix permissions"?

Upvote 0
Yeah me to! lol Thanks!

Ahh nice, yeah what does it mean when people say go into that menu and then "run fix permissions"?

IMO, people "fix permissions" waaaay too much. I have never "fixed permissions" in all my trials and tribulations with flashing ROMs and such in recovery. It used to be suggested on other devices when flashing AOSP ROMs, then somehow it became a "normal" thing to do even on sense builds. IIRC Adrynalyne and Slayher have both stated that fixing permissions is not really necessary. On sense builds it can actually cause more problems as sense is very picky about permissions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones