1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM7 and bootloop issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kool kat2, Sep 16, 2011.

1. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

Hey everyone, I just got a droid incredible that already had CM7 on it. Theres a problem with it though, I tried a couple of times to use rom manager and i get a message saying there's an update to clockwork. After that it goes into a bootloop. I can get into recovery. Would flashing a new rom help this? And if so what rom can i flash?

Edit: apparently it booloops if I send texts too. Well heres some specifics in case that helps,
    Android version : 2.3.5

Baseband : 2.15.00.11.19

Kernel version : 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-gb-7062011+ chad@chadserver #2

Mod version : cyanogenmod-7-08312011-nightly-inc

Edit2. Ok so I flashed another rom and there's still reboots into bootloops after a minute or so of running

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

What steps are you taking to flash roms? sounds like you aren't wiping everything correctly.

What are you doing after the rom boots? Are you using titanium to restore anything?

3. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

Im flashing through clockwork. I wipe data/cache / dalvik cache. After the reboots i pull the battery because if it actually boots to the home screen it just reboots again. I just flashed frost blur with a different kernel (also through CWR) and same thing. I don't have time to restore anything because I hit a reboot.

4. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

Tiamat_Inc-v4.0.7.zip << < < < the kernel

5. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

Ok well im frustrated and I need a working phone. How do i get to stock and unrooted. Really confused now and irritated :(

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

I would just try flashing a stock rom.

7. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

Will try

8. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert