1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM7 and CWM Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MissZombie, Dec 29, 2011.

1. MissZombie

MissZombie Newbie

I just installed CM7, and before I installed it, I used Titanium to backup all my apps and data. I'm having some trouble restoring my Titanium backup, so one of my questions is: Can I use CWM to install the Titanium backup zip file from my SD card?

My second issue is regarding my Google accounts. I've never had this problem before CM7, so I just assumed that maybe it had something to do with it.
    I have two Google accounts, and was able to log in and use one of them. However, I'm having problems logging in and using my second account (which also happens to be the account which a lot of my apps from Android Market are installed from).
    The message I receive is: Sorry... Your username and password do not match. Please try again.
    But I'm positive I've entered the correct username and password. I've checked this multiple times by signing in and out of Gmail from my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help given, I appreciate it. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Enzosdad

Enzosdad Well-Known Member

For the google accounts are you adding the second one via accounts/sync?
    From what i know CWM cant install titanium stuff..

3. MissZombie

MissZombie Newbie

Well I've tried adding the second Google account as you said, under Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add Account. I've also tried adding the account through my contacts menu. Contacts > Menu > Accounts > Add Account.
    Neither have worked.

And alright, I understand CWM then. It's only for installing ROMs and ROM update files and zips correct?

Could anyone help me with Titanium and restoring my apps and data? Like I said, I have the zip file in my sd card that Titanium created for the backup. I'm just not sure what to do with it.

4. Enzosdad

Enzosdad Well-Known Member

Yes you are correct about CWM- i dont use titanium backup-never have :)dont really see a point considering everything can be re-downloaded.

Did you re-flash and everythign like in previous posting? i seen you were having some issues this could fix that to. i have 5 google accounts on mine and no problems

5. MissZombie

MissZombie Newbie

I'm trying to re-flash everything now. I re-downloaded CM7 and Hotfix2, so I'm going to go into CWM and just try to re-install CM7 again and use the Hotfix2. I remember now that when I initially installed CM7, the directions on the CM7 thread indicated that after you select reboot phone from CWM, it'll restart into CWM again and to simply select restart phone once more. However, mine never did that, it loaded the CM7 loading screen and took me to the desktop. I turned off my phone again, entered CWM, and used the Hotfix2. Everything seemed ok, so I restarted, and then that's when I encountered the issues I have now. Like I said, I'm going to try and re-flash, and hopefully that will do the trick.

Well aside from Titanium, I also have backups of my apps on Gemini. I think if I can't figure out Titanium, I'll just try and install all my apps from the Gemini backups.

Thank you for your help so far, I'll reply after I re-flash.

EDIT:
    Okee dokee, I re-installed CM7 and Hotfix2. I'm not sure how I can tell if everything's fine, but as far as my Google accounts are concerned, once again, it only let me log in to the one account. The second, it still doesn't think I'm entering the correct password (and I've even gone onto Gmail on my PC and after logging in, changed the password to see if that would help).
    Should I maybe try re-installing CM7 again?

6. cappy98989

cappy98989 Lurker

I had the same problem but I was able to resolve it. The account I had trouble with had 2-step verification turned on. I went into my gmail settings, turned it off, and lo and behold, I was able to add the account to my phone.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews