• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 Battery Drain by Camera and Gallery

PeterRC

Jan 2, 2011
Hey guys. I just flashed CM7 onto my phone (thanks TG!) and I really do love it. But the one thing I've noticed is that my battery is draining why faster than it had when stock. So I went to check my battery stats, and the Gallery and Camera are sucking up 44% of my battery power. Now, I'm not sure if this is a CM7 issue or what. Either way, I'm hoping someone knows of a way to maybe kill the apps or get them not to suck up so much power. Any help would be great.

I would start with replacing the default Gallery3D app with "Quickpic" from the market. It's a lot slicker and has more features. As for camera, I haven't heard anyone else complain about that, so may need to re-wipe & re-flash (and don't restore via titanium backup if you're using it, just reinstall apps from market).

Upvote 0
these are common bugs to CM7. But I dont think it actually has to do with CM7 as these happen even on stock roms.

the usual trick is to keep "long press back button to kill app" on and when you are done using gallery or maps, kill it by long pressing the back key, that prevents it from running in the background.

It became second nature to me while having CM7 on my OV. and just got used to it.

Quickpic is better, but the gallery app can still drain your battery if its open.

Reactions: jgriner
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones