1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM7 Boot hanging?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spart, May 24, 2011.

1. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

Installed CM7 aftter doing a full wipe, etc. Installed the Google optional apps as well. I restored user apps only, no system data, and now it seems I'm hung in the middle of a boot. Anyone else had this? It's been about 15 mins now. Should I let it go longer and see, or what?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Never had it take that long. So evidently the original Rom load must have been ok, but you rebooted after a titanium restore and had the problem?

3. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

Yes it only happened after the restore. I pulled the battery and reinstalled and so far so good, making sure to reboot more frequently, restoring only a few apps at a time. That seemed to work.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yeah that's about all you can do if you think it might be an app conflict. Could have even been a fluke who knows. Let us know if you find a specific app causing a conflict though. Might come in handy for others.

5. hancock87

hancock87 Member

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I wiped everything again and flashed cm7. It works perfectly fine now. The second time I also made sure I didn't restore ANY system data. The first time I did on accident. If it still causes you problems, reflash, and make sure you don't restore system data, and it should be fine. :)

6. pwned

pwned Member

I've gotten to where I don't use titanium much. It's safer to download your apps from the market. Haven't had a single issue since.

7. farren

farren Lurker

I spent several hours restoring each app and it's data (if it had some), then rebooting the phone after each restore to see which one would cause the hangup. I got all the way down to [SETTINGS/BLUETOOTH] Settings Storage 2.2 with no problems. When I restored that App+Data, the phone hung on reboot. That's when I reflashed CM7, and installed only the Apps, but no data except for a few like my Contacts, Wallpaper, Bookmarks, and Firefox browsers. Those I restored the data as well for.

I didn't continue the app+data-by-app+data restore after, because I'd already spent several hours doing it and it was about 1:30 in the morning when I finally finished. If anyone else wants to continue where I left off, feel free. Just be sure to let us know of your findings.

8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

yeah, should generally never restore system settings(titanium shouldn't classify bluetooth settings as an app), especially something that is from an older OS.

9. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

Had this issue today and have a question, hopefully those more knowledgeable than me will still check this post. I was thinking of doing this same thing, not recovering all my apps from titanium, my only question is the data on my games. For instance, if i just download from the market, will be character from imobsters, ongoing games from wordwise, etc still be there?

10. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

It's usually fine to restore data from games.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews