1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CM7 & CTMod

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PhoneMan93, Dec 19, 2011.

1. PhoneMan93

PhoneMan93 Android Enthusiast

Is there a way to combine these, I know CM7 is fast but CTMod is faster and CM& has apps CTMod don't but CTMod has less app than CM7, so i guess could you somehow combine these?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

CM7 is still in beta, and we are trying to work the bugs out of it.

3. PhoneMan93

I understand, but i think CTMod and CM7 combined would be the best ROM ever!
    But i would like to thank both of yall for contributing to the Prevail community like you have, you two have done a fantastic job!

4. danielmike

danielmike Well-Known Member

If you where to combine these two roms then hroark wouldnt have the chance to have his cm7 on the offical port list.. But they are both great alternatives to plain old stock..

5. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

CM7 would have been done by now, if the new GB ROM did not come out.

I was very close to finishing, then GB came out, and then I kind of had to start all over again to get it to work with new baseband and new kernel.

I needed to take a break for a while

We are getting pretty close to having a stable release.

Once we have a stable release you guys could make some tweaked out versions of the ROM

6. Riotpump

Riotpump Well-Known Member

There is room for all imo. Most phones the top ROMs are normally CyangenMod and MIUI. Since we don't have MIUI on the prevail, CTMod is a great alternative. Besides everything great comes in twos. Microsoft/Apple, Intel/AMD, Nvidia/ATI(swallowed by AMD), you get the point.

I've looked forward to CM for ages, never expected to have one of the latest builds on my prevail(CM9 is currently being cooked up). These ROMs are literally part of the reason I even still have my prevail instead of a Transform Ultra or Warp. ICS(CM9) on the Prevail, it never hurts to dream.

7. danielmike

danielmike Well-Known Member

Iv been taking a huge break from everything to.. To many things going on..Just now getting back on AF.. Looking good hroark its all about moving at your own pace and not letting anything rush you..

8. ron580

ron580 Well-Known Member

actually hoark's cm7 runs a lot faster justs needs a little tweaks & optimizations. i got a quadrant standard score of 2016 on cm7 but currently hoark is trying to fix out minor bugs and issuses the end product will be alot better.

9. PhoneMan93

When GB was released this was the second thing I thought about, I felt bad a wished I could help but I don't know how to do this stuff, but I'm still trying to learn

10. Kcsuper

Kcsuper Well-Known Member

hey Hroark13...do you get paid for the things you do? Obviously your way smart enough to be doing something nice...I have BA in programming and absolutely love it so I love this forum and the things you dev's do. BTW, where did you learn linux scripts?

11. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Hi Kcsuper

For a living I have a small business doing IT related things, like servers, workstations, networks and such.

Back in July I think it was when I soft bricked a Prevail, and I figured out how to get Odin to work with it, since then it became somewhat of an addictive hobby.

I usually get involved in techie type hobbies like electronics, XBox modding, cable / satellite box type things.

All the stuff I have done for the Prevail I learned by mimicking what others have done on different phones, I am not smart enough to come up with this stuff on my own, dont get me wrong, I have spent a lot of time on the projects that I have done, it was by no means simple. I have learned a lot, have helped some people and I enjoy doing it.

I also like being part of the Prevail community on this forum, everyone is so freindly and helpful.

Happy New Year to you and everyone else

12. rm50

rm50 Well-Known Member

Thanks Hroark
    for being open and helpful and being genuine! You would make a great teacher at what you do! You have alot of knowledge at this and great people skills (you dont have your nose stuck up in the air like certain others!)
    And this is why I will stick with what you produce and Donate when I can!
    Thanks again for your time!
    Ric

hroark13 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews