• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 data roaming error

I switched to CM7 last week and ever since I've been getting the following international data roaming error in my pull down. The whole message isn't displayed and I don't know where to get the remainder from but this is the portion that I can see "You have lost data connectivity because....". I'm not doing any international traveling and I don't have international roaming turned on anywhere that I'm aware of. A friend at work is running CM7 as well and has never seen the error message. :thinking:

So what did I do wrong or how can I get rid of the reoccurring error message? I found a reference to the error being seen in some of the Nightlies but nothing about resolving those or it existing in the stable builds. There was one other person that posted the same question last month and he got no replies.

Anyone?

TIA,
Brian.

Thanks everyone for the responses, sorry to take so long to report back but been busy.

ocnbrze, signal strength is pretty bad in the areas where I see the message and I don't really notice a difference in reporting.

ryknow, I checked and mine also was off by default. I changed it and still get the error message.

9to5, interesting. I guess it won't hurt to turn on International roaming since the phone will most likely never be out of the US!!:) I guess I could just live with the error pop up as well. I need to check with my friend who is at the same build, and isn't getting the message, to see if he has both enabled.

SamXP, which permissions are you refering to?

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Checked with my friend on his settings. He doesn't have either National or International data roaming enabled and also has Home Only for system select whereas I have Automatic for system select.

Maybe I'll try Home only for system select and see if that gets rid of the error message. But doesn't that mean that data roaming will be disabled?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Checked with my friend on his settings. He doesn't have either National or International data roaming enabled and also has Home Only for system select whereas I have Automatic for system select.

Maybe I'll try Home only for system select and see if that gets rid of the error message. But doesn't that mean that data roaming will be disabled?

Thanks.

Tell us how "home only" works for you. I'd think it would only increase the problem, but if it gets rid of the error, I'd prefer that to international roaming... Interesting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones