• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 + FB Sync

Hello all,

I'm testing out the new version of CM (7.03.1) and one of the major things I miss from my Sense ROM is the Facebook contact sync (where it includes the photo/info but for only the contacts I want). Does anyone know of an application that can do this task? Thanks in advance! :)

If you log into FB, you can merge some of your FB contacts into your people, select all after you sign into FB

Upvote 0
Hello all,

I'm testing out the new version of CM (7.03.1) and one of the major things I miss from my Sense ROM is the Facebook contact sync (where it includes the photo/info but for only the contacts I want). Does anyone know of an application that can do this task? Thanks in advance! :)

Also,iv noticed that ONLY PEOPLE WITH THEIR PHONE NUMBERS IN THEIR ACCOUNT INFO WILL SYNC TO YOUR PHONE.if they dont have their phone number in their account,it wont have anything to sync to in your contacts.(that is,if you choose to sync with existing contacts).there is also a few facebook pic syncing apps on the market..you must do each contact manually that way though...hope this helps.

Upvote 0
If you log into FB, you can merge some of your FB contacts into your people, select all after you sign into FB

Yeah, I ended up just syncing directly from the Facebook app. Just sucks because it adds ALL the Facebook friends contacts when I only want the ones that are in my phone already. I just ended up removing a bunch of people (it hides them if you press delete).

Also,iv noticed that ONLY PEOPLE WITH THEIR PHONE NUMBERS IN THEIR ACCOUNT INFO WILL SYNC TO YOUR PHONE.if they dont have their phone number in their account,it wont have anything to sync to in your contacts.(that is,if you choose to sync with existing contacts).there is also a few facebook pic syncing apps on the market..you must do each contact manually that way though...hope this helps.

I tried out SyncMyPix and it was cool but I wanted a bit more details like it was the Sense UI.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I ended up just syncing directly from the Facebook app. Just sucks because it adds ALL the Facebook friends contacts when I only want the ones that are in my phone already. I just ended up removing a bunch of people (it hides them if you press delete).

I tried out SyncMyPix and it was cool but I wanted a bit more details like it was the Sense UI.

You could go to people and press menu, preferences, show contacts with numbers only..?

Upvote 0
It will sync the ones that are named the same in your contacts and fb. If they are not syncing, go to your fb settings and sync all, then go to the contacts that did not sync tap edit contact>menu>join then select the correct one from the list that comes up. When you are done, go back to your fb settings and set it to sync only the ones in your contacts.

Upvote 0
It will sync the ones that are named the same in your contacts and fb. If they are not syncing, go to your fb settings and sync all, then go to the contacts that did not sync tap edit contact>menu>join then select the correct one from the list that comes up. When you are done, go back to your fb settings and set it to sync only the ones in your contacts.

I got it to work, as per my previous post. Thank you though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones