1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root CM7 Final Release

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drPheta, Apr 11, 2011.

1. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

FYI, stable was released last night. Been running it since last night, and it's just what we've been waiting for. I've gone through all the nightlies, and as with the latest ones this one is stable.

In case you guys were wondering, I'm running this with Tiamat's 3.5.5, smartass governer checked, and 128MHz lowest/883MHz highest.

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=inc

If you guys have issues, READ THIS TO SEE IF YOU'RE JUST NOT SEEING WHERE THE SETTINGS ARE FOR YOUR ISSUE.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1030471

Advertisement

2. NoRegrets78

NoRegrets78 Well-Known Member

Just threw this on over RC4. Loving it! Invisiblek kernel is running very well.

3. contagous

contagous Android Expert

did you not need to wipe then? just install over rc4? that would be nice if true

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Yes you can install right over rc4, can just wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache. No need to format data.

contagous likes this.
  5. jmar

jmar Nexican

So every since nightly 37, my settings in ADWLauncher settings menu for swipe down was set to open notification bar, but it stopped working. Flashed stable cyanogenmod 7 and still no fix. Loving nightly 36 right now.

EDIT: Now on nightly 39.

6. CaptTrips

CaptTrips Guest

The notification bar seems messed up no matter what launcher (as I have used Launcher Pro Plus, Go Launcher and ADW ex as well as adw and I am stuck with notifications bar showing if I want at it or like you said flash back a few nightlies.

Also everytime I reboot Launcher Pro loses all widgets except its built in ones (i use calender and twitter)....

7. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member

Installed without wiping from my RC4

Runs perfect so far no errors. I had a boot loop twice on RC4... but so far so good on the stable release.

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Installed over an OLD (pre-RC) nightly wiping cache/Dalvik. Gold.

Not necessarily recommending it without a nand backup but gold nonetheless.

9. shred1

shred1 Well-Known Member

Installed and paired phone succesfully with pc via bluetooth but sending and receiving files fails. Any suggestions?

10. drPheta

The jumpy notification bar was fixed with a nightly release after CM7 stable. (Nightly #39). I think they figured out the Gmail margin error (never bothered me), so they may release another nightly.

11. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

so whats the recommendation? flash the stable or flash nightly 39?

12. Randino

Randino Android Enthusiast

With your cpu settings have you noticed any lag or slowing down of the phone, I'm really wanting better battery life but no drop in performance, I'm also on Tamat's 3.3.5 SBC...245/998 but batt life still isn't great.

13. drPheta

I get "some" lag on wake, but now I've been running Chad's latest RC1 kernel. So, the lag could be due to this kernel.

As far as which one to install, I've been running #39 with great results. I go to bed with at least 40% of the HTC 1500mAH battery left on most days. With heavy use I'll have 20%, but that means I've been tinkering with nightlies, new kernels, and apps. My GF is running the same setup as I am, plays WordFued and Words with Friends all day... she'll have about 20-30% battery at the end of the night. BTW, she has like 5-10 games going on at once. So, take that for what it's worth.

I also customized the brightness levels on my phone using 10 brightness levels. My phone is set to be dimmer than my GF's phone overall.

Randino likes this.
  14. jmar

jmar Nexican

I'm on nightly 39 cos a setting in adw settings broke in Nightlies 37, 38 and in stable. I love it. Battery life is great! I consider battery life to be great if I charge at night.

15. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

I am also on 39, and loving the battery life, just got double what i was getting with previous nightlies. Using a 1800mah battery and had 35% left with it off the charger for 1d 13h 42m which i consider great, sometimes i was getting like 18 hours would take me to around 42 % so i am very happy with this.

16. GixxerMan51

GixxerMan51 Well-Known Member

I just flashed the newest release..when i try to use mybackup app to restore contacts, it reboots, then everything is gone from the menu screens??

Update: *Fixed*