• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 for Samsung Transform Ultra(FOR DEVELOPERS AND TESTERS ONLY)

Do you think the SOD issue may be due to under clocking?? I had notice in some of the other ROMs that if I set the minimum clock speed too low then my screen wouldn't wake up after it went to sleep. Just a thought..
614b84f5-4617-47c2.jpg

Upvote 0
From Cyanogenmod wiki:

Compiling wifi kernel module

After installing a custom kernel, the wifi module may be unstable or unusable. The solution is to recompile the module, linking it to the new kernel build.
cd ~/android/system/system/wlan/ti/sta_dk_4_0_4_32
KERNEL_DIR=~/android/kernel/cm-kernel CROSS_COMPILE=$CCOMPILER ARCH=arm make -j`grep 'processor' /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l`
A file named wlan.ko will be produced in the current directory. You must install the new module to the device.
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
adb shell cp /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko.backup
adb push wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko
Reboot the device. If all goes well, you should be using the newly compiled 'wlan.ko'.
For devices which may be utilizing wifi module from vendors other than TI, you may choose other appropriate drivers.

Don't know if that helps, just something I read at a passing glance..

Upvote 0
I know a lot of you are busy with cm7 but who's up to help me build miui for the ultra I already got the build for the prevail that we could work with so once again is any body willing to help me
If I knew what i was doing i would jump on that. I love MIUI. So.......Customizable.
Thank you, for at least thinking about the little guy,lol.

Upvote 0
This is an ALPHA build of Cyanogenmod 7 from source.

Please post here only with bug fixes or logcat output.

Guys there has been a lot of off topic chatter going on in this thread and I know you may not realize this but it makes it harder on devs to sort out what is useful for their development and what is not pertinent to the matter at hand.

Im not a mod but please respect the devs request to keep this particular post on topic by posting only stuff having to do with improving this rom.

Thanks! :D

Upvote 0
whens a update gunna come out its been like a week

I wouldn't count on any updates anytime soon as the issues with porting CM7 to the TU are very complex and the devs working on it have lives and cant dedicate all their time to the project. So, not to be rude but it will be ready when it's ready. So, Please remain patient. :)

Upvote 0
devs working on it have lives and cant dedicate all their time to the project.
Yes...this is what is happening...real life is intervening to make deving on the TU difficult for me right now. I have not stopped improving CM7 for the TU but it is not a priority right now for me. When my current real life issues get somewhat resolved, I will release more CM7 fixes. Thx for all the help so far!

Upvote 0
One of my goals in understanding the Cyanogenmod build environment was to figure out how to compile just 1 library instead of the whole tree. Well today I figured it out.

Say you want to try the libraries here:
https://www.codeaurora.org/git/proj...pository/revisions/master/show/hardware/msm7k

You would clone it: git clone git://git.codeaurora.org/ag-gb-dsds-7227.git

Then copy the desired library to the device config root: "device/samsung/transformultra" in my case.

Then run: mmm libaudio(or whatever library you wanted) from that directory.

It will compile just that library for you and then you can copy the .so and/or the binaries to the device to test them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones