• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 Google Apps not installing

tonion03

Mar 18, 2012
Hello...so I rooted using HTCdev, amon recovery, and flashed CM7.

Now I'm trying to flash google apps.

But whenever I press "touch the android to begin" it reboots, then loads the screen again. What should I do? It was working just fine until i tried to flash the google apps.

Ive tried wiping cache, data, and dalvik cache and then rebooting but it is doing the same thing...getting to the touch the android to begin and reloading.

Could i be using the wrong version of google apps?

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks

It could be a bad dl. Where did you get the GAAPs file? Also I would do a FULL wipe and reflash the ROM and see if that fixes the issue.

I got the file from the Wiki Cm page..

Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki

I can't honestly say which one I used now at this point.

I did a full factory reset in recovery then rebooted and it is still looping from the flash screen to the touch here to begin screen..

I hope I didn't ruin my phone :/

Upvote 0
I don't believe it's a bad download, what's your wiping process before flashing a rom? I would highly recommend using a wiping script such as VR Superwipe or Calkulin's Format All zip. For some reason, until I used one of these scripts, I was never able to flash CM7. So......

Download VR or Calkulin's, then...

1. Boot to recovery
2. Flash Calkulin's and/or VR Superwipe
3. Wipe data/factory reset
4. Wipe cache
5. Wipe Dalvik cache

1. Flash rom
2. Flash GApps

Reboot

Upvote 0
I don't believe it's a bad download, what's your wiping process before flashing a rom? I would highly recommend using a wiping script such as VR Superwipe or Calkulin's Format All zip. For some reason, until I used one of these scripts, I was never able to flash CM7. So......

Download VR or Calkulin's, then...

1. Boot to recovery
2. Flash Calkulin's and/or VR Superwipe
3. Wipe data/factory reset
4. Wipe cache
5. Wipe Dalvik cache

1. Flash rom
2. Flash GApps

Reboot

Thank you! Both you and MizzouBrent were right. I downloaded the wrong link and I did not do the superwipe before hand. Once I took care of both of those things..everything went smoothly.

Thank you !

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones