1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CM7 Install Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MikeAce00, Apr 27, 2011.

1. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 8, 2010
    I downloaded the CM7 rc0 here: http://goo-inside.me/cm/mecha/rc/update-cm-7.0.0-RC0-Thunderbolt-KANG-signed-test2.zip

I installed from cwm recovery, wiped data and cache.

Everything gets up and running but i cant add my google account, wtf am I missing something really basic? I'm comfortable flashing on my dx... maybe things are done differently on the tbolt? When i go to accounts the only option i can add is exchange. I dont even have an app for the google market...

I feel like i missed something super basic, any ideas? Please help!

TIA

Mike

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    yes. you didnt install the gapps or "google apps addon" wich contains all the things you mentioned. it is a seperate install for CM roms.

there are alot of places to find gapps,heres the first that popped up when scanning the cm7 pre alpha for "gapps":
    http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

there is a blue bar next to CM7 at the top of the page that says "20110307universal(link)". thats the one you want to use. move it to your sd card,boot back into recovery and flash it and you should be good to go :)

3. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 8, 2010
    Awesome! Thanks Scotty. I read the part about installing gapps but misunderstood. I thought gapps just meant i would have to install the google apps separately, like mail, maps, talk and so on. I was caught off gaurd when i didn't get the google market or account signon, but luckily i had a nand.

Reflashed, flashed gapps and got my first taste of CM.

Thaks for your help.